The School Of Ancient Wisdom - Bangalore
The School of Ancient Wisdom is doorway to Transformation and enlightened living. Commune with nature, celebrate life, witness the vibrant Dance of the Cosmos and Listen To The Song of Life in peaceful and tranquil abode of the Devas. Experience the
This paradise set amidst the beauty and tranquility of Devanahalli
the place of the Devas(Angels) facing the age old majestic Nandi Hills, nestled away some 32kms from Bangalore city, has
multi - faceted activities and facilities to further enhance an unforgettable spiritual experience.
Resident students are provided the following : Accommodation (Room Sharing), Morning Tea / Coffee, Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Dinner.
Non-resident students are provided the following:
Breakfast, Lunch, and Afternoon Tea / Coffee.
Special note: No consumption of non-veg food, Alcohol beverages, drugs or smoking on the School Campus. All meals are strictly vegetarian.
(Age of students no bar - young or old)
The School is devoted to the spread of Occult Truth and the development of higher virtues, as an understanding of these would enable the aspirants to reach up to the Divine. The curriculum would guide aspirants to understand their true identity - the divine within, to experience the joy and beauty of all life around them - to experience the sheer bliss and ecstasy of just "being" and of seeing the interconnectedness between themselves, nature and the universe. The courses given out by the School would be particularly beneficial to those who are sincere seekers, as the approach to the teachings would be such that it can transform the desire for a personal quest, to go beyond the mere longing for outer knowledge to seek the wisdom within.
The subjects among others, would include the Constitution of the Cosmos, the Universe and the Human Kingdom; the Universal Laws of Rebirth and of Cause and Effect; the Mysteries of Life and Death; Thought Power; its action and use; Involution and Evolution and the Divine Plan; the Occult Hierarchy which governs the Inner World and the Path to perfection.
Courses which are directed towards Transformation of participants emphasize Control over the Physical Body; Breath Control, Pranayama and Yoga Nidra; Mind Control through Meditation and Music; Devotion to High Ideals and Services; Fellowship and
In an attempt to bring Spirituality into the Corporate world, principle-based Leadership Courses; Workshops to improve Relationships at home and in the work-environment and Courses
in Management of Life and Livelihood are held periodically.
The courses, whether given in the form of lectures, symposia or workshops are supported by audio-visual and multimedia presentations. As the school develops, the study courses will increase to meet the requirements of a growing response, as more serious seekers may want more advanced programmes suited for their level and rate of spiritual growth.
The school also provides a good reference Library to facilitate advanced and deeper self-study.
The other facilities that the center offers to further enhance your unforgettable Spiritual experiences at our center are:-
1. A Bookshop, with books on various Spiritual Subjects.
2. Ample spots and grounds for individual and group meditation and yoga activities.
3. Library and reading room.
4. All accommodation with modern amenities.
5. Beautiful country-side for morning and evening walks.
6. One-to-one consultation with our in-house Ayurvedic doctor at
our Research Centre for Integrated Therapy located within our campus grounds.
7. Kerala rejuvenation Oil-massage.
8. Other therapies available a) Music therapy b) Reflexology
c) Colour and Chakra therapy.
*For those who cannot take leave for one month in a stretch but interested in following a Yoga TTC, we allow you to join 100 hours TTC and learn the basics - theory and practice. We will organize the next 100 hour follow up TTC after some months and you can attend it later.COURSE INRODUCTION
Intensive Yoga course covering all aspects of Authentic Traditional Holistic Yoga-Theory and Practice.-also based on World Wild recognized "Yoga Alliance International" standards.THE COURSE COVERS:
- RAJA YOGA(path of willpower)-Patanjali's Holistic Astanga Yoga(Slow, Focused, meditatively with Breathing, Knowledge and Smile) and Hatha Yoga(Branch of Raja Yoga)
- Students also will learn and experience Karma Yoga (path of Action) and Bakthi Yoga (Path of Devotion and Emotion).
- They will also learn the basics of Yoga Therapy for preventing and managing Psychosomatic diseases(80% of the modern day diseases).
- In addition to the above, basic knowledge of Ayurveda and Foot Reflexology (Watpo style) also will be taught.
- Students will be trained in Application of Raja Yoga - "Yoga teaching" as a career;How to start a Yoga Center/Studio; Marketing techniques;Identifying Market segments and devising suitable marketing strategies and Yoga modules for different market segments,Yoga and Healthcare/Yoga Therapy, Yoga and Social work, Yoga modules for students, for Elderly persons, for Pregnant ladies,for Sports persons, for Trekkers etc...
- Each participant will possess a firm foundation for teaching others and would have deepened their knowledge and Holistic practice.
- Participants will be able to teach both Traditional Holistic Authentic Astanga Yoga & Authentic Hatha Yoga
- Participants will have a clear understanding about how to start a career as a Yoga teacher.
- Upon successful completion of the course the Participants will receive Internationlly recognized "YOGA ALLIANCE INTERNATIONAL" certificates.
We can also place participants with our Associate organization "EARTHBOUND TREKKING AND EXPEDITIONS PVT LTD" (http://www.enepaltrekking.com/) leading trekking and travel organization as "TRAINEE YOGA TEACHERS" for taking Yoga practical classes for trekking groups .They will go with the trekking teams and take practical Yoga classes in the beautiful Himalayan/Everest range of mountains.They can gain their teaching experience and at the same time enjoy trekking.OTHER HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TTC COURSE
- All indoor classes in Rooftop Yoga studio with beautiful view of Himalayan range of Mountains,Lakes.
- Outdoor yoga classes in mountains, valleys,lakesides
- Visit to Buddhist temple, Hindu Temples, Lumbini (Birth place of Lord Buddha),Hiking , Boating, Sight seeing etc...
- Nepali cultural programs , Devotional songs, Entertainments.
- Meditation at Lumbini, Birth place of Lord Buddha
- Yoga students who want to become teachers.
- Those who want to learn and practice Authentic yoga.
- Yoga teachers who want to deepen their knowledge and understanding of Holistic Yoga to learn Traditional Holistic Astanga Yoga according to Patanjali's Yoga aphorisms and learn Traditional Hatha Yoga.
- To create a clear understanding of Traditional Authentic Holistic Yoga according to ancient scriptures so that students,teachers and practitioners will have no confusion about Yoga which is now highly fragmented, Yogic names are used without knowing meanings and practiced in various styles and methods only at physical level.
- Producing good Yoga teachers with proper understanding of the theory and proper practice is an effective method to introduce to general public the holistic way of practicing yoga-Authentic Yoga
- This will prevent diseases,promotes positive health and bring harmony and peace to the society -To introduce the YOGAWAY of lifestyle.
- The curriculum based on the principles laid down by the main two ancient schools of Yoga.
- Patanjali's Astanga Yoga -based on principles laid down in his Yoga aphorisms.
- Hatha Yoga school
- Concept of Yoga and definitions from ancient texts and authorities.
- Concept of Human body according to Yogic Science -Pancha Kosa concept(which is different from the modern science /medicine.)
- Why Yoga is essential
- Basis of Yoga.
- Complete process of Yoga-Karma Yoga, Bhakthi Yoga,Jnana Yoga ,Raja Yoga.
- Two schools of Raja Yoga-1.Patanjali's Astanga Yoga 2.Hatha Yoga school.
- Eight limbs /steps of Patanjali's Astanga Yoga-Yama-restraints,Niyama-observances ,Asana,Pranayama,Pratyahara-withdrawal , Dharana-focusing,Dhyana Defocusing / Meditation, Samadhi-Super conscious state.
- How Yama and Niyama help, to increase mental strengths, develop high moral character and ethical conduct ..
- Introduction to Patanjali's Yoga sutras/aphorisms.
- Introduction to Bhagawat Gita.
- Anatomy-Cardiovascular system, Respiratory systems, Digestive System, Immune system,
- How Holistic Yoga practices will keep all these systems healthy and balanced
- Yoga Therapy ,Concept of disease, Prevention is better than cure, How holistic Yoga Practices will prevent and reverse the diseases.
- What is Stress? What is Psychosomatic disease?How Holistic Yoga can prevent all Psychosomatic diseases which accounts for 80% of modern day diseases.
- How to apply the theory/knowledge when practicing Holistic Yoga to get maximum benefits- Physical benefits, Therapeutic benefits and Spiritual benefits.
- Yogic Diet-How diet effects the Mind, Yogic principles of Diet.
- Application of Yoga - Business aspects of Yoga- Yoga as a career,How to start a Yoga center/studio, Marketing techniques, Market segmentation, Devising suitable marketing strategies to suit different segments, Designing various Yoga modules to suit different segments, for students, for elderly persons, for health care(Yoga therapy), for sports persons, for corporate, for Soial work etc....
- Before we train how to teach others we will train the participants to understand the theory and techniques well and to apply it properly when practicing. Once participants are confident of practicing themselves in a holistic way by involving all 5 bodies/kosas and with their experience they will be able to teach the Holistic practice of Yoga better to their students.
- We teach the following techniques
For Physical Body
*Yogic loosening exercises *Yogic energising exercises *Postures/Asanas *Cleansing techniques/Kriyas *Mudras *Proper Diet *Sun Salutation exercises *Yogic walking *Instant Relaxation Techniques
For Breathing Body
Deep breathing Exercises *Synchronizing Breathing Exercises *Pranayama
For Mind Body :
Instant Relaxation Techniques *Cyclic Meditation *Mind Sound Resonance Techniques (MSRT) *Devotional Sessions *Pranic Energization Techniques *OM Meditation ,Involving Mind while doing all Yogic Exercises.
For Knowledge Body :
Yama *Niyama *Lectures *Notional corrections
For Bliss Body :
Smiling Exercises *Laughter Yoga *Action in Blissful Awareness *Maintaining cheerfulness with smile while practicing all Yoga exercises.
- Classroom arrangements
- Teaching techniques of Asana through eight stepped method
Kirshna Raja-Certified Yoga teacher and Yoga Therapist, hailing from a family of traditional Yoga practitioners in South India.He learned Yoga techniques at the age of 8 from his uncle who was a yoga teacher and regular Yoga practitioner at Ramakrishna Mission and Vivekananda Ashram where they teach authentic traditional Yoga techniques.
After graduating from the Institute of Marketing U.K. he spent nearly 25 years as a Marketing professional, working in India and abroad going through the stress and strain common to all marketing professionals.
Later in his life he realized the importance of traditional Yoga which provides the suitable solution for all the modern life style related health and social problems. He joined SVYASA Yoga University,(SVYASA-Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana) in Bangalore and became a Certified Yoga Teacher and Therapist. He also underwent various Yoga Therapy Training programs at the University which has a 250 bedded Yoga hospital within the campus.He was also a member of the Yoga Therapist Team of the SVYASA for one year for the "STOP DIABETES THROUGH YOGA" project of the University to teach Yoga Therapy techniques to prevent and manage Diabetes through Yoga.
Later he joined "The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center" - Headquarters in Canada - founded by Swami Sivananda and Swami Vishnu Devananda from South India.Now it is an International organization with Yoga Ashrams and Yoga centers in more than 30 countries offering Authentic Hatha Yoga teachings.
Krishna Raja underwent and completed successfully the "Teachers Training Program" and "Advanced Teachers Training Programs" in Sivanda Ashrams. These Courses Certifications are recognized by the YOGA ALLIANCE 200 Hour and 500 Hour level in USA and CANADA.
Krishna Raja is the founder of "YOGAWAY" - Yoga training center in Bangalore, India, along with his wife , who is also a certified Yoga teacher.-www.yogawayindia.com .
He has been teaching Holistic, Integrated Authentic Yoga to Individuals, Foreign Tourists, Corporates and Institutions.He also visits abroad and teach Yoga in many countries.
He has participated in International Yoga Conferences in India and Abroad. He was awarded "YOGA SIROMANI" - "TEACHER OF YOGA" and "YOGA ACHARYA"-"MASTER OF YOGA" titles from The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center.
Krishna Raja has been teaching Yoga for many years and his teachings are based on Holistic Integrated approach coupled with modern medical and scientific explanations adhered by Dr.Nagendra-Former Scientist of NASA(U.S.A) and Dr.Nagarathna, M.D.,FRCP(Edinburgh) founders of SVYASA Yoga University, Swami Sivananda(He was a Medical Doctor and later a world renowned Sage) and Swami vishnu Devananda- close disciple of Swami Sivananda.
To Compliment his teaching in yoga, he has studied "Foot Reflexology" and successfully completed the training program with the world famous WATPO THAI Therapy school in Bangkok, Thailand and Ayurveda Body Massage from Kerala, India.
Now his main aim is to introduce the "YOGAWAY OF LIFE" to many people as possible all over the world by teaching Intergrated Holistic Yoga.See more photos and other events by this presenter
Born and raised in the heart of New York City, USA she started her practice 7 years ago. There was something about yoga that kept bringing her back on her mat. It was a place where she always found peace and tranquility regardless of what was happening in her life. For a few years, she continued practicing with master teachers while working in the corporate world.
After studying in yoga schools in the West, Kay left her career to begin her journey in the East to deepen her understanding in yoga and meditation. At the same time, she had a mission to serve, love, and give back to the people and communities in Asia. She spent all her time volunteering in ashrams, temples, monasteries, orphanages, and animal camps in Thailand, India, Vietnam, China and other countries. Wherever she traveled to, she taught yoga to those whom she met along the way.
A big part of Kay's teachings comes from the year she spent volunteering full time in yoga ashrams under a Gurukula system. For a whole year, she followed a strict and disciplined yogic lifestyle in the ashrams where she selflessly taught yoga and assisted for teacher trainings. Not only did that deepen her knowledge in traditional hatha yoga, but it also helped her develop unconditional love, patience, and compassion for her students.
Kay has completed trainings from various schools including Sivananda International Vedanta Center ( TTC & Adv. TTC ) , Dharma, Kripalu, Andiappan, Anti-Gravity and Universal Yoga.
These courses strengthened her knowledge in teaching a wide array of yoga styles to practitioners of all levels. To complement her teachings in Yoga, Kay studied Thai Yoga Massage and has completed over 300+ hours of training with Lotus Palm in Canada and Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai in Thailand. Aside from Yoga, she has also taken intensive courses in Pranayama, Meditation, Reiki, and Ayurveda. Kay brings a holistic approach in her teachings by using healing, therapeutic, and breathing techniques to suit the needs of her students.
"Health is wealth. Peace of mind is happiness. Yoga shows the way." This beautiful quote by Swami Vishnudevananda deeply resonates with Kay. Through her worldly experiences, she sees how Yoga can benefit everyone by improving the physical, mental, and spiritual well being of each individual.
With much love and joy, she safely instructs her students to flow mindfully through her inspirational classes, bringing their body mind and soul in balance. Kay is forever grateful for all the teachers who have planted seeds of wisdom in her and for all the angels who have guided her to where she is today. She truly believes that her life's work and greatest passion is to share the gift of Yoga to all. See more photos and other events by this presenter