Study yoga in a traditional ashram at the base of the Himalayan Mountains and close to the Holy River Ganga in the heartland of India, surrounded by the power of Mother Nature.
Advancing your knowledge of Hatha yoga mixed with the flow of vinyasa. Open your voice , and build your confidence through mantras, singing, and teaching practice.
Accelerate your personal growth and self-empowerment, and boost your confidence and self-esteem as you rise up and discover more about yourself through the ancient teachings of yoga. Learn tools to live life Feeling Soul Good with our diverse, passionate and experienced teachers who are filled with an infinite sea of wisdom, inspiration and fun in this life changing opportunity.
Our international Yoga Alliance certified teacher training gives you the tools and knowledge to deepen your personal practice, awaken new inspirations and perspectives, and the confidence to teach yoga with a solid foundation.
Feeling Soul Good Philosophy
Learn to listen to and follow your inner wisdom. We can guide you to this place of inner listening, yet it is for you to find your inner guidance, that inner knowing and follow it. We are here to share what is light to us in knowledge, wisdom and experience. We will guide you through the dark of ignorance and yet not tell you what to see. We will encourage you to find your own path. When you follow your heart, you begin to follow your bliss.
Summery Of Topics Covered
- Asana styles: Vinyasa, Hatha and Yin
- Teaching methodology (detailed exploration into specific poses including proper alignment, foundation, adjustments, sequencing and safety moving into and out of each pose)
- Lots of teaching practice
- Specialty Asana: Acro Yoga
- Bandhas & Mudras
- Nada Yoga (mantras, sounding, singing, tuning into subtle vibrations)
- Yoga Philosophy
- Physical anatomy
- Health and nutrition lectures
- Yoga Nidra
- Sound healing
- Consciously-connected breath work
Details Of Topics Covered
Asana methodology – a detailed breakdown of each pose and an overview of the five main categories of postures: standing poses, forward bends, backbends, twists, and inversions. We’ll explore how to safely go into and out of each pose, offering proper adjustments, modifications, foundation, alignment, and symmetry, as well as the benefits and contraindications for each asana.
Teaching practice – Teaching each other begins in the first week. The practice begins slowly with teaching one-on-one and then gradually builds to teach small groups for the final practicum. We give lots of time for teaching practice to help build confidence and self-esteem, and allow the teachings to be fully integrated.
Meditation – There are many different styles and ways to meditate. We will explore four different methods, so you may find the best fit for you.
Pranayama – One hour each day is devoted to conscious breathing, bandhas, mudras and kriya practice.
Yoga Philosophy– We explore the ancient text of The Yoga Sutras.
Physical Anatomy– We will learn how various systems of the body connect with various movements and poses. Discover how the bones, muscles and joints are connected with various asanas.
Subtle Anatomy- The subtle anatomy is an introduction to the unseen bodies of the chakras system. Discover how the chakras function without physical and spiritual bodies and how the chakras affect our subconscious.
Natural healing and nutrition – Let they food be thy medicine, exploring healthy eating habits. Explore various kinds of foods used for healing. A more detailed look at how different sugar and fats affects the bodies.
Yoga Nidra – Reprogram the subconscious through rotating conscious.
Ceremonies – Honor your sacred connection to life, through the rhythms of moon cycles. When in India we explore the power of fire ceremonies.
Nada Yoga –We encourage and explore the use of voice on a daily basis. Through mantras, singing, sighing and vocal play. Discovering vibrations are as subtle as the thoughts we think, the intentions we have, the words we use and tones we make. Deepen your connection to sound, and the subtle vibrations, which affect your reality.
Sound healing – Receive a sound bath that takes you on a journey beyond time and space.
Conscious connected breath work – Awaken energy blocks through the power of breath.
Healing sessions – Learn to transfer healing energy.
The Uniqueness Of Our Trainings
- We teach from the traditional science of Hatha Yoga mixed with Vinyasa and Yin.
- We offer individual and group support throughout the course of the training.
- We encourage you to listen to your own body’s rhythm while in the asana practice.
- We provide lots of teaching practice to assist in building confidence, self-esteem and understanding the teachings of yoga. Really it’s all about learning tools to live life, “Feeling Soul Good”
- We place huge importance on the power of the breath. We provide one hour of pranayama (breathing practice) each day.
- We believe sound is a powerful healing tool to free the voice, build confidence, and open the throat chakra; so, we include Nada Yoga (the Yoga of Sound) into the training by exploring the voice using Indian scales, mantras, vocal play, and singing.
- All of our trainings are held close to nature so it assists to build our connection with the elements.
- We believe life is about Feeling Soul Good, and this encourages acceptance and respect of differences and promotes fun and laugher throughout the training.
- We create a sacred space where every one feels safe, supported and nourished.
- We incorporate ceremonies in the training.
Many students have referred to our trainings as being “holistic” because we incorporate many healing modalities throughout the training including:
- Conscious eating
- Breath work
- Nada Yoga and Sound healing
- How to raise your vibration
- Embracing your inner healer
- Intro to chakras
- Yoga Nidra
- Teaching the asana that best suits your persona
- Experienced integral teachers with a diverse range of styles and endless pool of knowledge.
- Stay in comfort while learning within the elements of nature
Through these various modalities you begin to change how you see yourself and others by expanding limited beliefs about yourself and embracing authentic self-love.
Monday – Friday follows the schedule below,
Saturdays are your free day.
Sundays follow a less intensive schedule.
6:30 – 10:00 Asana, Pranayama, Chanting Meditation
10:00 – 11:00 Silent Breakfast
11:00 – 1:00 Lecture
1:00 – 3:30 Lunch Break
3:30 – 6:30 Rotation of the following topics;
Teaching Methodology / Adjustments/ Teaching Practice / Class/ Yoga Nidra / Chanting / Satsang
There are a few classes offered in the night.
Our epic passionate, experienced team of diverse teachers interweave together a collection of profound wisdom. They share from their personal practice, sense of humour and ongoing studies of yoga, healing, sound development technique. Together they share a comprehensive study of the teachings of yoga from various traditions.
They share their passionate light of knowledge and years of experience to help remove the darkness of illusion and limited thoughts. Encouraging you to listen within, to what best suites your personal rhythm and teach from this place of authenticity.
Sequoia has been teaching for over decade and studying yoga, spiritual practices and sound healing for over 20 years. She embodies the yoga teachings and this shines through when she teaches. Her passions are Hatha Yoga, pranayama, mantras, yoga nidra, meditation, philosophy and nada yoga.
Shir is inspired by the healing power of magical sounds and shines his love for sacred sounds when he teaches. He plays the recorder and violin.Shir has been teaching yoga for the last 7 years, sharing his knowledge all over the world having passion in teaching Hatha yoga, pranayama and Mantras.
Pablo is a passionate teacher and practitioner of hatha and vinyasa yoga, Pablo has studied a wide variety of yoga styles including Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyengar, Anusara, Ashtanga and Inbound Yoga. His biggest passion is Bhakti Yoga and Vedic Philosophy.
We know that in any intensive course various waves of emotions rise and fall. It is easier when you feel supported and heard. We offer group sharing as well as subdivided small groups for more personal sharing.
Personal interviews are also given to each student with one of the main teachers to discuss their personal practice or any personal matters that needs to be discussed.
Why join our training?
- Our Yoga training offers you the opportunity to know your Authentic Self – Come as you are and take off your mask or make up. There is no one better to be than your TRUE self.
- Our trainings are not about ego building, competition or comparison. It is about cultivating authenticity, through the Yogic teachings to gift you teachings to live life Feeling Soul Good.
- Enhance your inner strength and increase your concentration, focus and discipline with a 3.5 hour daily practice using a mixture of asana, pranayama, mantra, kriyas, bandhas and mudras.
- To teach yoga, one must first discover one’s self, which blossoms through having a regular personal practice
- The yogic path is a self-healing and evolving journey of transformation, which starts from the inside out helping you to feel more vibrant from the inside out. As you dive deep into the teachings and practice of yoga, the gifts come in many forms and include increased prana (life force energy), more clarity, better digestion, inner trust and intuition.
Our training assists you to embrace an intimate connection to the infinite cosmic body, transcending feelings of separateness into oneness.
Nada is a Sanskrit word that means sound. Though the practice of Nada Yoga is not one specific practice it covers a wide range of practical exercises. Some practices include vocal play, singing, sounding the Indian scales and mantras. Part of Nada Yoga is learning to fine-tune your ability to listen to audible and inaudible sounds, which is an aspect of subtle vibration.
Benefits to Nada Yoga
The practice of Nada Yoga assists us to become more aware through the aspect of listening, initially externally and eventually internally. When we cultivate a deeper awareness to conscious listening, our inner chatter slowly starts to dissolve which promotes inner peace. It is in a peaceful mind where joy and contentment naturally arise.
- Sound is intimately connected with our breath, as both aspects are used to bring us into the present moment.
- Transforms stuck emotions
- Releases endorphins (the brain’s “feel good” chemicals)
- Sounding the musical scale helps to move inner pranic energy that increases your physical energy
- Builds your confidence to express and communicate more freely
- Creates new neurological networks in the brain and expands your consciousness
- Improves communication
- Strengthens your teaching voice
- Allows for deeper meditations
“I have learnt so much, mainly I have learnt how to listen to my self, I loved everything I have learnt as there is really so much content covered” Amy Doctor From New Zealand
“I would totally recommend this training for everyone you will not regret it. I learnt so much about my self, I learnt yoga is not a sport it is a way of life. I am so happy that now I know how to properly get into and out of each posture”. Daniella Architect from Mexico
“My experience with Feeling Soul Good was much more then a Yoga training it was a journey, I loved everything about the training and would highly recommend the training to everybody, it changed my life with such a positive impact” Amber, Student from Canada
“I have learnt more about my self, more confidence , staying centered, to find more confidence with myself. I have deepened my practice, and realize how deeper the yoga philosophy really is” Nia psychologist from USA
“Sequoia, gives abundance of wisdom and knowledge, passion and love. Which affected me deeply in all my relationships in my life, through her words teaching and sounding, which I didn't truly realize until a few months after returning home from Bali. It's been a blessing.
Victoria, Yoga teacher from USA
$2800 NOW Early bird price $2500
Regular price $2800 after Jan 30, 2017
Save $300 with early bird registration. Early bird payments means full payment must be received no later then Jan 15, 2017.All fees are shown in USD.
What is included in the training include:
- Training course
- Single room accommodation
- Three vegetarian meals
- Unlimited filtered drinking water
- Mala beads
- Neti pot
What is not included:
- Airport transfer
Unlike most other trainings in India, we are hosted by a traditional ashram that is in nature and close to the holy river Ganga. Removed away from the hustle and bustle of the sea of car horns in Rishikesh, it is a beautiful and ideal setting to learn the teachings of Yoga.
Location of Venue
Aurovalley is located in the State of Uttrakhand, in Northern India, between the sacred cities of Hardwar and Rishikesh and at the foothills of the Himalayan mountain range in the banks of the sacred River Ganges, in an interior rural area near the small village of Raiwala.
Food and Accommodations
The food is completely vegetarian. It includes milk products and is not spicy. Filtered drinking water is available. The ashram will do their best to accommodate your dietary requirements.
The rooms are simple and clean, all with private bathroom and solar water heating system. All rooms have mattresses, bed sheets, pillows and quilts for the wintertime.
Aurovalley is free of smoke, drugs, stimulants and alcohol.
Holy River Ganga
It is advisable that ladies follow the local tradition and bring clothes that cover legs and shoulders, even for bathing in the River Ganges to avoid the risk of being harassed. This river is considered a temple; it is not culturally acceptable to use shorts or western style bathing suits.
December and January until mid February are wintertime. It does not snow but it can get cold (0°C) at night. During the months of February, March and April, as well as October and November you will find very pleasant weather. From May, June, until mid July the weather is hot. The monsoon or rainy season is between mid-July and September. During that time the temperature drops but the humidity rises.
You have a few options:
- Bus, This would be for those more adventurous, as you would have to make your way to the bus station and get off at Raiwala, which is half way between Rishiksh and Hardiwar.
- Train, this would have to be arranged in advanced
- Taxi -We can arrange airport pick up and drop directly at the venue for an additional $80
- Plane - Check out local airlines,for connecting flights to Deradun
Our Yoga Alliance certified training, offers a blended style of asana that includes traditional Hatha yoga interwoven with the modern flow of vinyasa.
: Sequoia Henning