We offer a 21-day course (200 hour) running from May 26th to June 14th which will involve and nurture personal practice and guide you to teach others. The program offers a unique opportunity to immerse yourself fully into the yogic lifestyle to not only graduate as a yoga teacher but to become a better person. Complimented with Foundational training in the ancient art form of Thai massage, this in-depth course provides a distinct curriculum and sets the bar high for yoga therapy and instruction for the future. The training is taught by Peter Kaaberbøl Kristensen, the founder of LagoCph yoga school in Copenhagen, Denmark, and X-Pand Me body stretching system. He is a master practitioner of yoga, meditation, martial arts, and bodywork and for the past 12 years has devoted his life to educating yoga teachers around the world. Peter has a gift for breaking down complex yogic principles into simple guidance that helps the trainee investigate the body’s subtle energies. By bringing trainees’ awareness to their inner worlds, Peter helps them deepen their practice from the inside out. Embark on a life-changing journey and discover the freedom of yoga, all while being immersed in a spiritual community in the heart of nature.
The cost for the course for accommodation in a shared double hotel room is €3,300. For the pricing of a single private room, please contact us for information.
The trainees will be able to impart their inner wisdom and carry it forward to other aspirants or students. 40 hours of the course will be done remotely so as to enable those who have tight schedules to be able to participate more easily. The training program will be conducted in a safe and serene environment so that every asana can be done with ease. The atmosphere will also be appropriate for mental and spiritual exercises.
The highlights of the course include:
- Body movements explored in a therapeutic perspective. It applies to breathing, therapeutic yoga techniques, Thai massage, and more
- Teaching asanas in classical form. Classical asanas are performed in a developmental perspective, which stresses on deep body movements
- Teaching Vinyasa yoga techniques with accurate adjustment and sequencing
- Teaching common skeletal problems and learning preventive methods to treat them therapeutically
- Understanding breath and following proper breathing techniques
- Instructing and following the art of meditation to attain mindfulness and in-depth experience
- Reading and discussing Yoga Sutras, Buddhist teaching, Power of Now, etc. in interactive sessions
Throughout their stay, Tuscan Fitness guests will be hosted at hotel Tenuta Lupinari in the heart of Tuscany. This spacious and welcoming hotel is charming and accommodating, combining incredible views with typically Tuscan architecture and atmosphere. The hotel Tenuta Lupinari is in the Valdambra region, one full of history and breathtaking landscapes. Tuscan Fitness is also conveniently located for those interested in making day trips to the famous towns and cities in the area, including Florence, Arezzo, and Siena.
The hotel Tenuta Lupinari is located among the rolling green hills of the Valdambra valley, with views of some beautiful historic towns and unspoiled forest and rolling green hills. The hotel has numerous rooms that are bright and spacious, combining a traditional feel with modern comforts. The restaurant is also some of the highlights of the the property. Sourcing from local produce, they are bright and charming restaurants featuring delicious Tuscan dishes. At Tenuta Lupinari, there are two capacious pools with views onto the hills of Chianti and the Valdarno, providing guests with moments of tranquility and sunshine that can be found only in Tuscany.
At the hotel Tenuta Lupinari, there is a large swimming pool and both of these main pools are equipped with sun loungers, parasols, and gazebos for all guests to enjoy.
ALIGNMENT-BASED VINYASA YOGA AND THAI MASSAGE
- Learn the asanas in their classic form as well as from a developmental perspective; offering a deep understanding of how the body moves. You will also explore the body from a therapeutic perspective, applying the breath, Thai massage and yoga therapeutic techniques.
- Teach a Vinyasa yoga class with precise adjustments and intelligent sequencing.
- Understand common skeletal problems and develop an understanding of how to work preventively and therapeutically
- Apply Anatomy and Physiology to yoga and movement.
- Understand the breath and instruct appropriate breathing techniques.
- Sit in daily meditation and be able to instruct on the art of meditation from direct experience.
- Students will read and discuss Yoga Sutras, Power of Now and Buddhist teaching.
- Workshops as the lens to gain a better understanding of yourself and eventually your students
- Written and practice assignments, as well as a final written evaluation and teaching demo, round out the program.
- AWAKEN YOU, 8 evening transformational workshops, a lens to gain a better understanding of yourself and eventually your students.
- Foundational Thai yoga therapy training
- 07:00 Fruit
- 07:30 Meditation / asana
- 09:30 Breakfast
- 11:00 Sequencing
- 13:00 Lunch
- 15:30 Adjust
- 16:45 Snack
- 17:00 Asana
- 19:00 Dinner
This is an example schedule and it is subject to change depending on the syllabus.
Classes will be held 6 days a week with four days off to rest, enjoy and integrate what you have learned. There will also be time during the week to go on daily excursions and relax. Please note that this is subject to change depending on the needs of the group. Written and practice assignments, as well as a final written evaluation and teaching demo, round out the program.
You will be served daily wholesome vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals.
THE FOLLOWING MEALS ARE INCLUDED:
THE FOLLOWING DIETARY REQUIREMENT(S) ARE SERVED AND/OR CATERED FOR:
- Regular (typically includes meat and fish)
How to get there
DRIVING DIRECTIONS FROM FLORENCE
- Motorway Autostrada del Sole A1 direction Roma, exit Valdarno.
- Gone out of the tollgate, turn right following Montevarchi sign and at the first fork take the road for Bucine.
- You have to go beyond Levane village and reach Bucine, then go beyond it and go straight on for about 2 km and turn right following Cennina-Fornello sign.
- Finally you have to go again straight on for about 1,5 km following Tenuta Lupinari signs.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS FROM ROME
- Motorway Autostrada del Sole A1 direction Firenze, exit Valdichiana.
- Take the main road in direction to Siena. Exit Colonna fel Grillo.
- At the cross road follow the directions for Bucine-Ambra. Cross the little towns of Ambra and Capannole.
- When you have crossed Capannole, after about 3 km, turn left towards Cennina-Fornello.
- After 1,5 km the country road begins you will find the indication for Tenuta Lupinari.
ARRIVAL BY AIRPLANE
Please book your flight to arrive at Peretola Airport (FLR), Fiumicino-Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO), Ciampino-G. B. Pastine International Airport (CIA), Pisa International Airport (PSA), or Siena-Ampugnano Airport (SAY). Transfer from and to these airports is available upon request. Tuscan Fitness Ltd can organize a shuttle pick-up for you upon your arrival at the airport for 150 EUR.
ARRIVAL BY TRAIN
Bucine Railway station (about 4 km far from Lupinari).
Montevarchi Railway Station (about 10 km far from Lupinari) from which you can reach the other main railway stations very quickly (Arezzo, Florence SMN, Roma Termini).
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 30 days before the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment should be paid 30 days before arrival.
For more information on the course, please check out the Yoga TTC section of the Tuscan Fitness website.
A 21-day course (200 hour) running from May 26th to June 14th, hosted in the beautiful Tuscan countryside to fully immerse yourself in the yogic lifestyle.