Hello and Super Namaste!
Alchemy of Yoga Teacher Training is wholeheartedly dedicated to the art of self-study through SELF-exploration.
Consider this the ultimate adventure! A Hero’s Journey that will both challenge and encourage you to embrace your potential and awaken your inner power. This training will transform your doubts and ignite your passion. Happiness becomes your natural alchemy once again.
Upon completion, you will be prepared to design and confidently lead intelligent alignment driven Vinyasa, Hatha, and Restorative classes, all with your own signature style. You will also have the skill to adapt to varied fitness and experience levels of your students. You will graduate as a Happiness Ambassador ready to authentically and effectively inspire others!
Alchemy of Yoga: Living an Inspired Life
Yoga is about wholeness, health, and vital living. It is about a life inspired in body, mind, and spirit. Through movement, meditation, discussion, and journaling, we will explore the vast resources related to How to Live an INSPIRED Life by focusing on the last three niyamas or personal practices that comprise the Alchemy of Yoga. These are necessary for bringing about real, lasting change and cultivating inner happiness and spiritual bliss.
Experience the alchemy of the five elements, the four directions, and the chakra system as an inner and outer map of transformation. These are archetypal and energetic maps that are as metaphorical as they are very real and embodied. Everything we see, taste, touch, feel, and do can be interpreted through the gateway of the elements, directions, and chakras.
We will learn how to tap into these sacred relationships and align ourselves with their alchemy in order to gain insight into healing our psyche, emotions, and well-being.
When you join together in a Kula (“community of the heart”), we are all the Alchemist in his/her laboratory mixing the ingredients. As alchemist yogis, our laboratory is our mat and the ingredients are our bodies, our poses, our breath, our thoughts. Mixing it all together creates a different result every time and changes your life! You wake up to the power you have to go into the laboratory of your life experience and mix the potions you want to create your best life going forward!
How Does Alchemy of Yoga Work?
Something magical and mystical happens when a group of high-intentioned individuals make the decision to gather together for two- hundred hours with the purpose of uplifting their lives and expanding consciousness into radical authenticity.
The result is something beyond words. It is, as best as I can explain it, the Alchemy of Yoga. The Yoga Sutras (Chapter 2, Verse 1) explains how the Alchemy of Yoga actually works: “Tapas svadhaya ishvara pranidhana kriya yoga.” This sutra is translated to explain that yoga helps us transform ourselves on three levels:
1. Physical Alchemy – Tapas: Ignites the changes we want to make in our lives. It is about the getting fired up and passionate. Literally it means heating the body through moving and breathing in the vinyasa.
EARTH: Manifestation - Rooting into Self
WATER: Creation - Tapping into Your Potential
FIRE: Ignition - Tapas, Discovering Your Optimal Performance
2. Mental Alchemy – Svadhaya: While we are following the discipline of tapas and engaging in physical practice to help move our stuck energy we are watching ourselves. In yoga we study the self to learn about the self. Here the mental alchemy is through self- observation. We witness what is going on in our thoughts, what are we thinking. We tune in to our intuition to enhance clarity and harmony between what we think, say and do. We remember to remember who we really are. Through this, our ego softens from being I centered to seeing our interconnectedness to all things, people, nature, energies. We humbly realize our nature of union in this interweb.
AIR: Edification - Svadhaya, Unlearning the Obstacles to Your Happiness
3. Spiritual Alchemy – Ishvara Pranidhana: As we are doing and watching, we let go of the ego of judgment. We move beyond wanting life to be different and begin to feel the surrender that allows what is being offered to mix together. We practice ishvara pranidhana as we trust the universal intelligence that hugs us from all directions to know what it is doing. Once we find this trust, we begin to believe that beauty and goodness are within us flowing non-stop. We understand that there is no reason to stop this flow for its natural current is to align with the current of grace that is everywhere outside us. Beauty becomes our way of life. Happiness becomes our natural alchemy once again.
ETHER: Liberation - Ishvara Pranidhana, Transformation into the Infinite
Paths of Study: Allowing space for individual growth, Alchemy of Yoga offers two paths of study:
Option 1 includes above aspects of self-study culminating in formal certification through Yoga Alliance with 200-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) status. Expectations of students following this immersion-based path include:
- Interest in studying all aspects of yoga: asana, pranayama, meditation, philosophy, history and theory, arising from a wish to deepen your practice and engage in self-study.
- Commitment to attending training sessions and completing additional contact hours including asana classes, observations, assistant teaching, and practice teaching.
- Participation in group activities and contribute to discussions.
- Completion of all homework and practicum requirements.
- Support other students.
Option 2 includes Immersion for serious students looking to deepen their practice and knowledge of yoga asana, meditation, philosophy, and spirit who do not wish to pursue teaching yoga. As a self-study student, differences in your experience include:
You are not required to submit any homework although it is strongly advised that you complete the assigned readings in order to contribute to group discussions.
You will not be required to complete the practicum requirements.
You will not be graded or assessed in accordance with Yoga Alliance standards.
You will not be awarded a 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Teaching Certificate upon completion, however you will be given a certificate of program completion as a reference for future studies or trainings.
Post-Training Mentorship Alchemy of Yoga understands that a 200-Hour Teacher Training Program is both a deep-dive into yoga + self-study and simultaneously just the beginning. We are thrilled to offer ongoing resources and mentorship, including but not limited to:
Planning a yoga career + business, how to best market yourself while maintaining strong ethical standards and life balance, and how to resolve ethical issues that arise from teaching yoga.
Wholeheartedly dedicated to the art of self-study.
Silvia Mordini-Yoga Teacher
Born in Ecuador, raised traveling around the globe she is an adventure junkie, writer & happiness coach. After being run over by a car & using yoga to recover physically & emotionally, she owned a Chicagoland yoga studio for 9 years, has taught for 15 yrs with over 11,000 hours of experience. Silvia is currently writing a book about Prescriptions for Happiness and has a popular blog called Loving Your Life, along with producing her Loving Your Day videos. Thru Alchemy Tours, she leads retreats worldwide and founded Alchemy of Yoga, a nationally recognized RYT200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training (Self-Study) Program in its 10th year. Her articles appear regularly in MindBodyGreen as a Wellness Expert, Do You Yoga, Yogi Times, Yoganonymous, The Cultureist, My Yoga Online, and Daily Cup of Yoga amongst others. Silvia lives in Seattle near the water and the mountains.
Silvia can be reached:
Web: www.alchemytours.com or www.silviamordini.com
Twitter/instagram: @alchemytours @inspiredyogagal
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCop3SfdAcCj-wd3mJlTgWVA See more photos and other events by this presenter