Our Yoga Teacher Training 200-hour program is certified by Yoga Alliance. The training is designed to offer a strong foundation in Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. Our vision is to turn sincere yoga practitioners into teachers who exude safety, integrity, self-confidence & joy. This certification is respected worldwide and, in order to earn it, you will be assessed and evaluated throughout your whole stay with us. Once you have graduated you can start teaching either in your home country or wherever you decide to travel. The certificate is accepted internationally.
Wherever you come from, our unique 200 hour program and the time you spend with us will move you deeply. Your daily routine will start early with a yoga practice - kriyas, asanas, pranayama, meditation - surrounded by nature and silence. After quieting the body first, we can then quiet our minds. After a delicious breakfast which enjoys all the gifts of tropical India, you’ll attend academic and technique classes. These are taught by professional and real yoga practitioners, that is to say people who maintain their yoga practice both on and off their mat. At the end of the day we finish with an asana, pranayama and meditation practice.
In general our practices adhere to Ashtanga Vinyasa (Primary Series), Ashtanga Vinyasa-based flowing styles, Traditional Hatha Yoga and Modern Hatha Yoga (which uses props). We find that our Modern Hatha Yoga classes help to balance the energy of these different dynamic styles while also focusing and deepening the students’ experience of the individual asanas. Only a few asanas per class are worked on and we use a great variety of props for helping the student to spend more time in each posture in a comfortable way. These Modern Hatha Yoga sessions help our students recover from all the learning and natural cleansing that takes place during an intensive course like this. The students also cultivate a deeper experience of the categories of body postures and different alignments. The props we use in these classes include ropes, belts, cushions, chairs and so on.
Example of Daily Schedule
Monday to Friday
7:00 - 9:00 Kriya, Asana, Pranayama, Meditation
9:00 - 10:00 Breakfast
10:00 - 11:30 Philosophy or Anatomy Theroy
11:30 - 13:00 Practical Anatomy or Philosophy
13h00 - 14:30 Lunch (Vegetarian)
14:30 - 16:00 Teaching Methodology or Adjustment
16:15 - 18:00 Yoga Asana & Special Techniques
18h00- 18:30 Pranayama and/or Meditation
19:30 - 20h30 Dinner (Vegetarian)
7:00 - 8:40 Asana and / or pranayama
8:40 - 9:00 Meditation
In practical terms, you will learn:
- You will come to know the yoga asanas / postures and also their health benefits. It is impossible to say that you will learn ALL the asanas since there can be hundreds or only 12 depending on the individual style of yoga practice. You will learn basic to intermediate postures and their applications. For your self-practice, if appropriate, you will also learn what some people refer to as advanced postures.
- You will understand the fundamentals of therapeutic aspects of a yogic practice.
- You will learn about yoga philosophy and yoga in history. Some say of course that it takes a lifetime to really know it, but you’ll at least be able to learn the most important aspects. You will also be able to let go of some myths about these subjects by learning proper concepts and about the cultural background.
- You will come to know the fundamentals of anatomy and physiology, including the various major body systems such as skeletal and muscular, cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, nervous and endocrine systems, as well as how each of them is affected by the practice. Studying the practical sides of yoga helps you to improve your own self-practice as well as your future classes since you’ll be familiar with the main health benefits and contraindications.
- You will experience for yourself yogic cleansing techniques (kriyas)
- You will learn different techniques of breath-control and breathing (pranayama) as well as understand its health benefits & effects.
- You will learn the fundamentals of a yogic life & yogic diet, being able to distinguish these from Ayurvedic, vegetarian and vegan diets.
- You will study different teaching techniques such as alignment, sequencing and adjustments. You will be ableto teach and assist in more than one class during the course besides watching the leading teachers. This ensures that you can truly grasp which tools a teacher carries with himself or herself in every yoga class.
- You will come to know the ethics that are involved in being a yoga teacher as well as different ways to relate to your students.
- You will also have the opportunity to apply for Turiya Yoga’s internships: either a month, 3 months or a whole Goa season with us. You will have a great time experiencing teaching, assisting and learning some aspects of running a studio. Last but not least, you’ll keep deepening your own practice. Yes, you always need to continue your own self-practice even when you are teaching!
Any sincere yoga practitioner in search of a peaceful environment where they can focus on deepening their own practice while learning how to share yoga with others. South Goa is truly a magical place to study the art of yoga, surrounded on every side by mesmerizing, tropical Indian nature. The course mainly prepares you to teach Hatha Yoga (beginners and intermediate) and Ashtanga Vinyasa (Primary Series). We do, however, accommodate a variety of classes of Restorative Hatha Yoga (with props) and Ashtanga Vinyasa flow-based sequences.
Our centre offers healthy and delicious vegetarian yogic meals three times a day from Monday to Fridayand breakfast on Saturdays (after the morning class). Please note that we are prepared to deal with special dietary requirements such as gluten-free, vegan, allergies etc. Some of our own team also have special dietary requirements, so rest assured that we are more than experienced in this matter. Please be sure to inform us when applying for your course. Students are very welcome to try out the different local restaurants and touristic activities during their weekends off in this wonderful part of Goa!
We specialize in offering 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified Teacher Training Courses in Goa, India.
Living in India, luckily Akash had the opportunity to meet different yogis and encounter many spiritual practices throughout his life. Those experiences, combined with his 6 month self-imposed time of retreat in the Himalayan mountains to deepen his yoga practices, were definitive to his path in deciding to share the teachings of yoga. He had previously spent time learning from different masters - chakra, aura and healing – but he only met his true, authentic self as a yoga teacher and trainer. Akash has also studied under renowned yogis, not only in Ashtanga Vinyasa but also Iyengar Yoga. His own students know well how energetic, enthusiastic and filled with joy he is and how he brings these qualities to his classes. A sincere practitioner and an inspiringly joyful teacher, he has previously shared his passion all over Europe, South America and Asia. His love and service in this world are his offerings of Yoga Alignment, Yoga Assisting Techniques and Ashtanga Vinyasa style. Happiness is truly his way of living & teaching, while connecting with people is his strength.. See more photos and other events by this presenter