DescriptionThis Retreat is for you to get a taste of 3 days of the First Level Intensive Yoga Retreat. You can read below what the first level is all about.
Participate in the authentic roots of yoga Gain comprehensive knowledge of asanas, pranayama, meditation and yogic philosophy Cultivate energetic clarity, personal refinement, and a balanced approach to living.
The practice and knowledge given in the retreat will allow you to gain a deeper understanding of yourself, strengthen your physical body, improve your willpower and self-confidence, create healthy new habits, and find emotional balance and inner harmony.
Level 1 runs year-round and includes 2, two-hour Hatha Yoga classes per day and one evening lecture, six days per week.
Drop-in classes are available everyday and the first day is always free!
During the 4 week retreat, you will receive:
- An introduction to different forms of Yoga, including nidra, karma, kundalini
- Instruction in 20 asanas, including physical performance and energetic/healing effects
- An in-depth description of the complete Chakra system’s relationship to asana practice
- Pranayama, meditation and mantra techniques
- Comprehensive knowledge on Yogic philosophy, including yamas and niyamas
- An overview of Yogic diets, including Ayurveda and macrobiotics
- Powerful Kriya techniques – traditional Yogic methods for purifying and cleansing the body
- Using asanas to direct energy for physical and emotional healing effects
- Enhanced the power of the mind through concentration and visualization techniques
- Kriyas – cleansing and detoxing techniques for vitality and longevity
- Instruction and practice in lucid dreaming
- An introduction to Tantric sexuality
The course is designed for everyone regardless of age, physical ability, or previous experience with Yoga. The pace of the course allows those new to Yoga to easily follow the teachings, while students who already have a Yoga practice will find ample opportunities to deepen their understanding.
Benefits of the Agama Yoga practice:
- Improve your physical and emotional health
- Gain more energy and vitality
- Enhance mental clarity and focus
- Increase willpower and self-confidence
- Develop a new awareness of your patterns and habits
- Learn the ability to perceive and direct energy
- Inspiration and methods to achieve your goals and transform your life
The practice and knowledge given in the course will allow you to gain a deeper understanding of yourself, strengthen your physical body, improve your willpower and self-confidence, create healthy new habits, and find emotional balance and inner harmony. You will also become aware of energy, learn to recognize its different forms and understand how to direct it for a specific purpose.
Participate in the authentic roots of yoga Gain comprehensive knowledge of asanas, pranayama, meditation and yogic philosophy Choose evolution
Founder and teacher of Agama yoga Colombia: Juan, a Taurus (with ascendant Leo), was born in a small city in the Andes Mountains of Colombia, South America. Most of his childhood and young life was spent on a farm surrounded by nature, joy and love; it was a beautiful and happy time... His main interest in Yoga is with the subjects of the yamas and niyamas, Hatha Yoga, Kriya Yoga, the Great Cosmic Powers, Kundalini Yoga, sexuality in Tantra, Kashmiri Shaivism, Shambhala, the life of Jesus, the Art of Dying, and others. He feels it’s a great honor to be one more link in this lineage of unique teachings, and he hopes to be able to guide and help others to help themselves discover where real happiness, knowledge, and freedom lie. Most of all, he hopes that Grace will always stay with him to maintain a steady practice with a high aspiration for the Divine. Juan, now living on the farm where he spent his childhood, recently opened a very successful hostel for travelers in Sogamoso, winner of a 2013 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice award and mentioned as a highlight worth visiting in the Lonely Planet – Colombia guidebook. He reopened the Agama Yoga – Colombia center in 2013 to bring the benefit of these wonderful teachings and practices to many new students.See more photos and other events by this presenter