Beach & Adventure Yôga Experience combines daily Yôga practice and 4 workshops for deep understanding of this ancient philosophy with the best of Florianópolis, the magic island. We will practice a lot of Yôga, learn ancestral techniques, meet new friends from all over the world and explore the most pristine natural environment of Southern Brazil, including beaches, waterfalls, mountains and blue lagoons.
- Transfer from Airport or Bus Station
- Full breakfast and dinner daily; tea and fruit.
- 4 nights of accommodation
- Daily Yôga practice with experienced instructors
- 4 Workshops about Meditation, Detox techniques, Mantras and Cooking.
- Guided excursions daily to desert beaches, mountains and waterfalls
- Certificate of participation
SCHEDULE & ACTIVITIES
- Transfer from Airport or Bus Station with English speaking guide
- Check-in at Vintage Hostel Florianópolis
- Introduction about the Magic Island, beaches, waterfalls, hikes and schedule
- 14:00 – 15:00 – Ashtánga Sádhana: the most complete Yôga practice
- 15:00 – 18:00 – Tour around the Lagoon or Free time
- 18:00 – 20:00 – Mantras Workshop: Yôga practice focusing on learning and vocalizing ancient mantras of Hinduism
- 20:00 – Dinner & Meetings: time to meet our new friends from all over the world!
- 7:30 – Tea and fruit
- 8:00 – Wake up Yôga Practice: energizing practice that you can bring to your lives for starting your day full of energy and happiness
- 9:00 – 11:00 – Full Breakfast
- 11:00 – Hike to Waterfall: 2 hours trekking to a waterfall hidden in the rainforest with natural pool for swimming (Costa da Lagoa). We will practice Pránáyáma, breathing techniques to absorb the energy of nature
- 14:00 – Free time for lunch or Picnic (not included)
- 15:00 – Boat trip on the lagoon: to come back from the waterfall we go on a boat trip with amazing views to the landscape of the lagoon. The boat will take us to the hostel.
- 16:00 – 18:00 – Free time
- 18:00 – 21:00 – Detox Workshop: deep understanding of ancient methods for cleaning your body, digestive system, eyes, teeth, nose and breathing system, detox juices, detox diets and fasting. We will learn and practice the techniques.
- 21:00 – Dinner
- 23:00 – Samba night out: optional visit to a famous local dancing spot with live bands. We will enjoy the most singular Brazilian rhythms.
- 6:00 – Sun Salutation by the Lagoon: we watch the spectacular sunrise by the lagoon near the hostel. We will practice Surya Namaskara, one of the oldest forms of choreography.
- 8:00 – 10:00 – Full Breakfast
- 11:00 – 15:00 – Desert Beach Adventure: we will hike to a desert beach known only to locals. Hidden in the rainforest, this beach is one of the most amazing gifts of nature. A relaxation Yôga practice here fits very well.
- 15:00 – 18:00 – Free time
- 18:00 – 21:00 – Meditation Workshop: we will learn about methods for meditating, how to plan your daily meditation practice and the effects of bringing visualization into your life.
- 21:00 – Dinner
- 8:00 – 10:00 Full Breakfast
- 11:00 – Stand Up Paddle Experience: challenge your balance paddling onto the Lagoon. Who wants to try Yôga positions on the board?
- 12:00 – 17:00 – Free time for lunch and beach
- 18:00 – Preparing Chai: the famous yogi tea that stimulates your senses with spices
- 20:00 – Visualization circle: to end our Yôga retreat we will all together visualize our goals for the future and allow this experience in Florianópolis to make a lasting change for our lives.
- 21:00 – Cooking class & Dinner: our last dinner couldn’t be more special. We will cook together and prepare a delicious Brazilian meal.
OUR YÔGA INSTRUCTORS
Lisandra Zapelini is from Florianópolis and has 20 years of experience in Yôga. She started practicing when she was 17 years old and soon fell in love with this philosophy. She changed her life as she deeply adopted this Ancient culture as her lifestyle and profession. Lisandra is currently director of Escola Cultural Gama D’Eça. Her mission is to perpetuate the ancient tradition of Yôga and self-awareness by teaching new instructors and advanced yogins. Lisandra is under supervision of Master DeRose, the most recognized Yôga teacher in Brazil, his method is taught all around the world such as Argentina, Brazil, France, Italy, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States including Hawaii.
Sander Maurano arrived in Florianópolis 2 years ago after living abroad and travelling more than 50 countries around the world. He chose the island to settle down and adopt a healthy and meaningful lifestyle. He opened Vintage Hostel Florianópolis and graduated as Yôga instructor. Sander knows every corner of the magic island and organizes unforgettable hikes and day trips to waterfalls, hidden beaches and mountains. He has practiced Yôga in many cities around Brazil and abroad; he has participated in several advanced courses and Yôga Festivals.
Florianópolis is known as the magic island for its outstanding beauty and exotic nature. The island is surrounded by 42 pristine white sand beaches, mountains, waterfalls and blue lagoons. We are located by the lagoon (Lagoa da Conceição), where the little town offers hippie markets, restaurants with piers, shops and beautiful views. The lagoon is the best location on the island, you can walk everywhere and practice kite surfing, paragliding, sandboarding, kayak, trekking. The History of the lagoon is really interesting with all the folklore, netting tradition, old Portuguese architecture, graffiti, and a charming 18th century church on the top of the hill. Just a little piece of paradise!
The Vintage House
Our house is unique with spacious lounge areas, interior gardens, hammocks, fireplace, fully equipped kitchen, barbecue area, library and music hall with piano, guitar, retro radios, vinyl discs. Our garden has a beautiful area for practicing Yôga surrounded by trees, flowers and birds singing. Every room is planned for our guests to feel at home, be curious and enjoy every minute of their stay on the island.
Enjoy Florianópolis practicing Ancient Yôga with inspiring people from all over the world!