Bhanuswari Resort & SpaLocated a short 20-minute drive from the main centre of Ubud, Bhanuswari is surrounded by terraced rice fields, towering coconut trees, natural spring-fed streams and vibrant tropical gardens, creating a serene and secluded setting ideal for finding peace and tranquillity. Beautiful flowers and endless songs of various birds assist to nourish your spirit and soul. Bhanuswari is located only 45 min drive from the ocean and has views of the sunrise and sunset. There are two swimming pools on site one being a salt water pool. Bhanuswari also provides traditional Balinese and Javanese massage right on site.
All rooms are Non-smoking and feature:
En Suite bathroom with hot and cold water
Mini fridge stocked with variety of drinks
Complimentary mineral water, replenished daily
TV Cable with international channel & DVD players with selection of movies
Individual controlled air conditioning
Tea & Coffee Maker
Choice of Breakfast
Complimentary Wi-fi Internet Access
Complimentary Shuttle Service to and from Ubud and Mas area
Air Conditioner with independent control
220 Volt electricity outlets
Hair-dryers and irons available (upon request)
Meals consist of health-conscious vegetarian dishes, served buffet style.
Brunch includes coffee, tea, fresh fruits, juices and a nice variety of International and Balinese dishes to start off your day, including:
- Fresh coconuts
- Local fresh fruit platter
- Local eggs prepared to your taste
- Green Salad
- Yoghurt, granola
- Sourdough toast
- Various mixed veggies
Dinner includes a variety of Balinese, Italian, Indian, and Chinese cuisine.
See more events in this venue
DescriptionWhen our voice becomes an Offering, through the unity of Spirit and Breath, the alchemy of Presence brings us back into the oneness of the Heart.
Start your new year in a conscious way with presence, mindfulness, sounds and silence.
Connect the conscious stream of your breath into the freedom of your voice and the opening of your heart. Allow Great Spirit to move through you like an open channel, as you raise your personal vibration and invoke a witnessing consciousness of the Divine frequencies, which organically flow like an endless wave of energy and dissolve back into the sea of silence.
The Main Focus of This Retreat:
To deepen awareness to the subtle energies both within and without, through the medium of sounds and silence.
Sounds include: Mantras ~ Toning ~ Singing ~ Vocal Play
Complimentary practices include:
Pranayama ~ Asana ~ Yoga Nidra ~ Mudras ~ Bandhas
Breathwork ~ Silence ~ Meditation ~ Consciously connecting with the Elements
Sound and silence have the power to still the monkey mind, generate healthy hormones, and invite the heart to open when used in an intentional way. Through the sounds there is silence and after we sound there is a deeper spaciousness of awareness. If you wish to tap into this power and tune into subtle vibrations both inside and out, this retreat is for you.
What is Nada Yoga?
Nada is a Sanskrit word that means sound. Though the practice of Nada Yoga is not one specific practice it covers a wide range of practical exercises. Some practices include vocal play, singing, sounding the Indian scales and mantras. Part of Nada Yoga is learning to fine-tune your ability to listen to audible and inaudible sounds, which is an aspect of subtle vibration.
Benefits of Nada Yoga
- Greater awareness and presence through deep listening practices
- Deeper breath for improved health
- Transforms stuck emotions
- Deeper meditations
- Inner peace and joy
- Builds your confidence to express and communicate more freely
- Expanded consciousness, creating new neurological networks in the brain
- Releases endorphins (the brain’s “feel good” chemicals)
- Increased energy (Sounding moves inner pranic energy & increases your energy)
- Improved communication
- Stronger speaking/ teaching voice
- Quiets inner chatter and thoughts
- Knowledge of how to use Sound/Silence for your well-being
- How to use sound to transform stuck emotions
- The power of our words and how they shape and create our life
- Various tools to use sound for concentration and meditation, including mantras and sound journeys
- Learn how to sing your heart song
- Stronger, freer singing/speaking voice
- Greater self-expression and improved communication
- Infuse extra pranic energy into your physical and subtle bodies
- Breathing (pranayama and rebirthing)
- Traditional Hatha Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Deepen your ability to tune into subtle energies
- Expand your awareness to listening through presence
- Complimentary Massage
- Balinese Water Ceremony
07:30 – 09:30 Meditation, breathing, mantras, sounding and movement
10:00 – 11:00 Brunch
11:00 – 13:00 Free time OR Class mixed with theory and practices exercises about frequencies (2 days)
13:30 – 16:00 Rest and relax
16:30 – 18:30 or 19:30 -20:30 These time slots will alternate every other day
Evening practice includes a variety of vocal play, toning, Singing, yoga nidra or silent meditation.
18:30 – 19:30 Dinner
20:00 – 21:00 Three different night events include, sound journey, meditation, and yoga nidra
The retreat begins at December 27th, 2018 at 16:00.
Check-in is any time after 13:00 on December 27th, 2018.
The last session is held on the morning session of January 3rd, 2019.
Check-out is by 12:00pm.
Passport And Visas
You will need a valid passport to travel to Indonesia.
One-month visa upon arrival is given to most countries. If you are not sure please consult with your closest Indonesian consulate office. If you wish to extend your stay, plan ahead by purchasing an extra month visa at the airport before you collect your bags. If you do not purchase it at that time you have to leave the country to renew your visa. You can purchase a one-month visa upon arrival for an extra $30 USD (depends on what country you are from).
Money and Finances
The currency in Bali is the Indonesian Rupiah. $10 USD = 120850 IDR. The Indonesia Rupiah can be confusing because there are a lot of 00’s!
Our venue is surrounded by nature and hence there is no ATM. It’s recommended that you take out /change money before leaving the airport.
Foreign currency can be changed at major banks and authorized money changers, which are all over Ubud. It is good to carry small notes with you for taxis and tipping. Credit cards are widely accepted in major tourist areas.
Suggested What-to-Bring List
- Meditation shawl and a light sweater or wrap
- Light rain jacket and cover up or fleece
- Sturdy shoes for walking/exploring, and flip flops
- Lighter moveable yoga pants, crops (loose fitting cotton is better than spandex in this weather)
- Skirts and shorts
- Several tank tops t-shirts and long-sleeved shirts
- Bathing suit and sarong
- Pajamas and under garments and a few pairs of socks
- One set of clothes for touring, such as capri pants or a long skirt.
- Smaller day pack (can be carry-on luggage in the plane)
- Yoga mat (they fold well or fit rolled in a large backpack – the retreat center does have some mats)
- Small flashlight, combination padlock, and alarm clock
- Travel money belt in cotton (available at luggage stores)
- Travel bath towel (not too thick, i.e. quick-drying)
- Journal and several pens
- Camera and charger
- Audio Recorder
Start your new year in a conscious way with presence, mindfulness, breath, the elements, sounds, and silence. Deepen awareness to the subtle energies.
: Sequoia Henning
Sequoia has been living, studying and teaching internationally for more than 15 years mainly in S.E. Asia with India being the most frequented.
Influenced by her passions and love for the teachings of Yoga, Buddhism, and Indigenous cultures of North/South Americans and Sound healing.
Her life has been and continues to be a consistent cultivation of her spiritual development, from her personal experiences, practice and ongoing study.
Her core values shine through in her teachings and healings with integrity, truth, compassion and humor.
Sequoia’s passion for life was heightened through her personal self-healing journey from an illness that she healed her self.
Now Sequoia shares through inspiration, encouragement, and self-healing tool for others to help re-remember the power to change is from the inside out.
It all starts by cultivating love for one self, taking responsibility and having gratitude for life. See more photos and other events by this presenter