Balian BeachLaid back surf town See more events in this venue
DescriptionPapaya Wellness is excited to be offering our second annual 10 night surf and yoga, adventure retreat. Are you ready to restore bliss, balance and lightness to your life?Join us in beautiful Bali, Indonesia! We will visit the quiet coastal surfing village of Balian for our first 7 nights. We will be surfing beginner and intermediate waves (for those interested) and immersing deep into our yoga flows~ Closing the trip with 3 nights in the beautiful and cultural town of Ubud, set amidst terraced rice fields. We will visit a local coffee, a famous rice paddy, and a sacred water temple. Experience the Island of Bali~ Papaya Wellness Style…Through twice daily yoga practices, fun surfing sessions with experienced coaching, 2 massages, sumptuous and nourishing vegetarian and seafood fare, market exploration, cultural immersion, live music, dance and adventure excursions, we encourage you to just ‘be’.. Find time to relax, let go and connect to your deepest self- let your spirit shine! The package starts on the central west coast of Bali, in a sweet fishing village with a perfect surf break for learning! We will be spending 7 nights there, in a beautiful yoga retreat center, a 5 minute walk from the beach and surf break. We will be staying at Shankari's retreat center in Balian. Shankari boasts multiple pools, two serene yoga studios, private bungalow rooms, and art and sculpture everywhere! The center is equipped with a spa and restaurant, where we will be eating all of our meals for the first seven nights. Our final three nights will be at a private villa in the cultural center and yoga mecca of Ubud! This is a private Villa that we will have rented out completely, it is an artistic and expansive 10 BR home, with rice paddies out the front door. The Villa is in the country side about a 10 minute drive into the city center of Ubud. Transfers into Ubud daily will be included. Ubud is a sweet soulful town with beautiful, colorful markets and cool yogi vibes. We will have the opportunity to explore the surrounding area, visiting Bali's oldest rice paddie, taking jungle walks with monkeys and spending an afternoon visiting an ancient and sacred water temple Practicing twice daily yoga, and have time soak in some the island’s rich Hindu culture. Here is what is included in your package:
- All meals- 3 delicious, organic and healthy meals per day, organic coffee, tea and fresh fruit juice. We will be eating mostly vegetarian fare, with fresh seafood and chicken options available (included in cost). We will be tasting mostly local Indonesian cuisine, infused with some international flavours to mix it up. (on the day we drive to Ubud lunch at a local restaurant will be included).
- 7 nights stay in beautiful retreat center accommodations with wifi available
- 3 nights in Private Villa – Ubud, with hot water and air conditioning
- 5 surf lessons with waves to match your ability (with board rental included)
- All land transportation
- Two one hour spa treatments
- Twice daily yoga classes (led by India and Carly)
- Transportation to the Market in Ubud
- A visit to a sacred water temple and the oldest rice paddy in Bali (admission and transport included)
- A tour of a coffee farm in the country side of Ubud (admission and coffee tasting included).
- Time and access to book additional spa treatments from Shankari Retreat Center in Balian and opportunity to have in house treatments at our Villa in Ubud
- Private Yoga sessions
- Private Surf coaching
- Surf Photography
- Tour to a volcano
- Excursion to Kuta for shopping
- Tipping for on site staff and services ( a standard tip is 10%)
- Additional spa services (available upon request)
- Beer/wine/cocktails (although welcome)
10 Surf and Yoga adventure, to restore bliss, balance, lightness in your life! We'll be in the coastal town of Balian for 7 nights, then off to Ubud!
The path of self inquiry through yoga has been an ongoing journey of exploration for Carly. With a background in high level competitive sport, yoga started as the balancing medium for her physical pursuits and has now become a source of nourishment and place of grounding in her life.
Yoga combined with a dedicated passion for surfing, has led her all over the world, surfing and exploring Europe, N. Africa, Indonesia, Hawaii and currently Central America. Her love for the ocean influences and inspires her yoga practice. After years of study, Carly took the leap to become a 200 HR Certified Yoga Instructor. Since then Carly has been sharing her contagious love for yoga, and the peace she finds on the mat with students on retreats and in private classes. Carly challenges her students to express their most authentic self on the mats, and in the world.
Carly is an advocate for women’s empowerment, health and creativity and actively works in the community of Playa Gigante, to promote these messages. Teaching, sharing her passion with others, and encouraging her students to find what it is that inspires them, is what keeps Carly going! See more photos and other events by this presenter
Remember as children each day was a surprise; we lived completely in the moment. Then we grew up, developed fears and anxieties, acquired responsibilities; and in turn, forgot how to play.
Starting her journey young, India immersed herself into the surf culture creating opportunities with work, travel, and her passions in life. She has surf guided in Morocco, managed surf camps in Portugal and Nicaragua and has traveled all around the world in search for waves, culture, and exposure. Now she finds herself wanting to challenge her strengths and embark on her own business adventure, so India created Papaya Wellness. A dream of hers to teach, guide and share her love for the ocean through playing in the waves. Complementing it with yoga and her devotion to share her practice of life on and off the mat with others. Over time India has learned that the two go hand in hand like rice and beans! Papaya Wellness introduces all the best elements of life and She is proud to be a part of it. See more photos and other events by this presenter