Eastover Estate and Retreat
EASTOVER ESTATE & RETREAT is a residential holistic retreat center, dedicated to serving the greater holistic community, for the last 5 years it has been undergoing a complete renovation and is emerging as a facilitator of holistic workshops and retreats. Centered around an evocative Berkshire Summer Cottage with sun trenched café, juice bar, library, meeting rooms, porch, terrace, luxury bedrooms, Eastover is centrally located in the cultural hub of the Berkshires, and only minutes from Tanglewood, Kriplau, Shakespeare & Co. and dozens of other cultural venues, Eastover is an ideal location for teachers, groups, organizations and companies seeking retreat and training. Eastover offers spacious characteristic and historical workshop and program rooms with multiple meeting and studio facilities including well-equipped commercial kitchens ideal for all styles of cooking classes. There is a wide range of limited overnight accommodations preserving its intimacy to fit everyone’s budget, from rustic, to contemporary, to luxurious.
600 Acres of silence cradled by Houstonic River and October Mountain, Eastover is a mix of inviting lawns, courtyards, meadows, gardens, forests, woodland trails, and panoramic views of the Mt Greylock, the site creates a sense of expansiveness and a feeling of serenity where people can meet outside the bustle of everyday life. Eastover is unaffiliated with any specific spiritual tradition. Its eclectic open-hearted receptivity to a broad array of groups and teachers aims to support the continuing emergence of holistic and ecological ideas capable of renewing our culture and leading the way to a sustainable planet.
Tally Ho Entertainment/workshop Venue
Located just walking distance from the Mansion is our newly renovated, multi-purpose entertainment venue known as Tally Ho, an iconic gathering place loved for decades by people from the Berkshires and beyond. Tally Ho offers the largest indoor space in Berkshire County, with over 9,000 sq. ft. suitable
Looking forward to hosting your many successful workshops/retreats at Eastover.
Chen Style Taijiquan, Wang Xi'an System, Foundation Training & Old Frame First Routine w/Dr. Robert Bacher
When you attend a class or workshop with Dr. Bacher, you will understand that as a martial art, tai chi must fulfill two functions:
- Tai chi must be good for cultivating health for your whole lifetime.
- Tai chi must be applicable for self-defense for your whole lifetime.
Dr. Bacher's teaching method emphasizes the importance of the health as well as the self-defense aspects of tai chi for a lifetime. Every basic exercise and form movement is clearly demonstrated and explained as to how and why it fulfills both of these functions.
Foundation Training (Jibengong)
Students will learn tai chi principles and theory along with the following 6 components:
- How to Stand - learn how to align your body with gravity to relax and conserve energy - the key to all tai chi postures and movements
- How to Breathe - tai chi's specific method of breathing to energize your whole body for vibrant health and well being
- How to Loosen Up - a series of gentle joint rotation exercises to loosen up muscles and joints, increase circulation, relieve and prevent joint pain and injuries, and reverse the effects of aging
- How to Silk Reel - Silk reeling is tai chi's continually spiraling/coiling whole body movements. Silk reeling strengthens and tones muscles, tendons, and ligaments, cultivates powerful Qi circulation, improves cardiovascular and lymphatic function, and heals and prevents soft tissue injuries - the healthiest and most intelligent way to exercise the whole body
ABOUT DR. BOB BACHER:
- Student and teacher of taijiquan, qigong, meditation, karate, yoga, and various natural healing systems since 1969.
- Many years intensive training in Chenjiagou, China (the historical birthplace of taijiquan) under the stict supervision of Grandmaster Wang Xi'an.
- 20th generation lineage teacher for original Chen Family taijiquan under the strict guidance of 19th generation Grandmaster Wang Xi'an, chief lineage holder for the original Chen family art of taijiquan.
- Doctor of Chiropractic - graduate Western States Chiropractic College (1980) DC degree.
- Has worked in the capacity as Doctor of Chiropractic since 1980 worldwide (North America, Central America, South America, Asia, and Europe).
- Studied and taught taijiquan and other martial arts worldwide since 1970.
Dr. Bacher's teaching method emphasizes the importance of the health as well as the self-defense aspects of tai chi for a lifetime.