Canyon of the Eagles ResortThe Canyon of the Eagles Resort is situated on a 940-acre nature reserve in the Northern region of the Texas Hill Country, 1.5 hours west of Austin. The area is surrounded by a rich history and the natural beauty of the countryside. See more events in this venue
Would you like to deepen your ability to be a more wholehearted, authentic and effective leader? If so, you are invited to join the next Courage & Renewal Academy for Leaders, an experience that offers skills and practices unlike any other leadership development program.
In this intimate six-month program with 30 peers, you will cultivate your capacity for self awareness, exceptional listening and discernment. The result is the power to build relational trust — the foundation of authentic leadership and the catalyst to positive change.
- The initial four-day residential retreat (Oct 16-19, 2014) will focus on Courage & Renewal principles and practices that support effective and courageous leadership, focusing on six foundations:
- Clarifying purpose and integrity through an ongoing inner journey
- Applying deep listening and honest, open questions
- Holding paradox and tensions in the face of complexity and uncertainty
- Building trustworthy relationships in communities/ organizations
- Appreciating the value of “otherness”
- Growth through seasons/cycles of personal, professional and organizational change
Read more about the Courage & Renewal Six Foundations of Trustworthy Leadership.
- Over the following six months, you will practice implementing these intentions within the realities of your organizational/community roles. You and your fellow participants will receive support through five-member Peer Circles teleconferences that provide opportunities for mutual sharing, listening and learning.
- The second four-day residential retreat (April 9-12, 2015) will feature another facilitated program, sharing your case stories, gathering the collective wisdom of the group, affirming your learnings, and identifying opportunities to further apply the Courage & Renewal approach in your life and leadership.
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR YOU IF:
- You are a leader seeking opportunities to do personal, reflective, inner work that strengthens your capacity for leading and serving with integrity.
- You find the ideas of Parker J. Palmer and the principles and practices of the Courage & Renewal approach personally meaningful, and you want to apply them more fully in your own life and your leadership.
This program is offered by the Center for Courage & Renewal, an educational nonprofit with the mission to help you cultivate your personal and professional integrity and the courage to act on it. At the heart of this work is the belief that when we affirm our values, reconnect with our inner wisdom, and learn ways of authentically being with each other, we are prepared to make the world a more compassionate place. Learn more at http://www.couragerenewal.org
“A truly unique program focusing on the courage to build matters of the heart into the workplace.”
“A deep dive into the issues that matter most to leaders.”
“I especially appreciated the focus on the inner dimensions of leadership:
courage, integrity, identity, trust and vulnerability.”
“Like too many leaders, I’d assumed the form of a comet, sailing way too fast and at risk of burning out. Providing courage for renewal, this program placed me back on trustworthy ground.”
“This was an opportunity to do personal, reflective, inner work around my own leadership, supported by a community of like-minded peers from an array of professions.”
“What I’ve experienced is a trustworthy approach to professional development that
brings us back to the true meaning of leadership in a world at risk of forgetting.”
“The main question this program answers is not “how will I be more successful, skilled and competent, but how how can I lead with more integrity and passion.
Of course, leading with integrity and passion will make one more effective as well.”
Center for Courage & Renewal
We provide online resources and in-person retreats and programs offered by the Center for Courage & Renewal and our global network of Courage & Renewal Facilitators.
Courage & Renewal programs offer a profound experience of our time-tested Circle of Trust® approach — as described in Parker J. Palmer’s book, A Hidden Wholeness: Journey Toward an Undivided Life. Founder and senior partner of the Center for Courage & Renewal, Palmer was named in 2011 an Utne Reader Visionary, one of “25 people who are changing your world.” See more photos and other events by this presenter