La Maison AnglaiseEnjoy staying at a comfortable, secure, well-equipped base where you'll be looked after by the exceptional Moroccan staff. The house, situated in a quiet neighbourhood in the medina just 10 minutes walk from Taroudant's famous markets, has 4 storeys:
the first two storeys may be let either as individual rooms or as 2 separate 100 square metre apartments
the third comprises a spacious room which is used for dining, dancing and other activities and a 50 square metre 2 bedroomed suite
the top floor comprises 2 bedrooms that open onto the 2 communal roof terraces which offer varying degrees of shade and views over the town to the High Atlas and Anti- Atlas mountains
The whole house also lends itself to use by groups thanks to the large commmunal areas. Decorated with modern and traditional tiling, mosaic floors, ornate plaster ceilings, Moroccan lanterns, rugs, fabrics and pottery and furnished with a mixture of wooden and wrought iron furniture, all hand-made in the local souk, the house is always kept spotlessly clean.
Renowned for good food, we offer generous and varied breakfasts, lunch (at home or a picnic) and evening meal as required. We understand how to cater for a wide range of dietary needs including vegetarian and vegan, for which we have been recognised See more events in this venue
- Escape the British/European weather to enjoy sun, good food, an exotic culture and environment at award-winning, comfortable, sustainably-run traditional guest house. www.cecu.co.uk
- Based in Taroudant an ancient walled market town little visited by tourists and nestled in the fertile Souss Valley between the High Atlas and the parched Anti-Atlas bordering the Sahara and an hour’s drive from the coast in Southern Morocco
- Support of 8 charming Moroccan staff experienced in running successful group holidays A wide choice of other authentic activities including option to support charitable projects Substantial pre-visit information and support from owner with 20 years’experience of Morocco
- A chance to buy some beautiful handcrafted items, food and other delights in the souks Explore the fascinating culture with the help of delightful guides; option to trek, laze in the sun
- Daily early morning and evening sessions of relaxing yoga and meditation with Sue Woolley assisted by Meena Sidpra who will also offer after dinner “Discover Ayurveda” - about the ancient medical and science system of India
- Feel safe thanks to the care of the staff, good medical facilities nearby, safe water and staying in a small, relaxed and friendly historic town with few tourists
“If only there were more places like this, a medina house run by locals offering a rare glimpse into Moroccan life. They offer skilled guides, exciting cultural experiences and delicious Moroccan meals.” Lonely Planet
“I just want to tell you that the holiday was completely magical and LOVED EVERY MINUTE.! The staff were just amazing with nothing too much trouble and such fun.” M Collins 2/15
Cost: Inexpensive flights with Easyjet from London Gatwick to Agadir (from about £250 return if booked early)
PLEASE FOR ADVICE ABOUT THE MOST SUITABLE FLIGHTS TO AGADIR OR ALTERNATIVELY TO MARRAKECH
accommodation £455 for 7 nights in twin/double rooms (singles may be possible for a £120 supplement), substantial breakfasts, vegetarian evening meals (meat/fish available for a small supplement), 2 excursions, 2 cultural experiences (chosen from several), 2 hammam treatments, yoga (2 hours in the morning and 1.25 hours before dinner), “A Feast for the Senses” celebration, transfers to and from Agadir airport and hire of a yoga mat and blocks. Optional extra activities include live music and dancing with local Berber Women’s band or Gnawa Men’s Band, trekking, wildlife, crafts, cookery, massage, ayurvedic consultations www.tajamishi.co.uk/discover-ayurveda.php and several other choices. A limited number of places available for those not wanting to do yoga @ £400.
Booking and further details Places on our holidays often go quickly so please contact Jane best by email as never known when in Morocco!
A relaxing Yoga and Ayurveda inc hammen, treaking, crafts, cookery, wildlife and much more in walled city of Taroudant in Morocco in September 2015
: Jane Bailey
I did all the things that young women do in their teens and 20s and even in those turbulent times, Ayurveda cosmetics and compounds has save my bacon many a time - my all time favourite is Rose water. I used it for everything - LITERALLY - and it is the one product that I would recommend time and time again to any client and to anyone who will listen!
Though I knew Ayurveda having grown up and practised it, I needed to get "formal qualifications in order to be able to practice in Europe. I formally trained with Deepa Apte in London and got all my paperwork in 2005/2006.
I am fully qualified as an Ayurvedic Massage Therapist and I am fully insured.
I also practice and teach Yoga - still going through my training paces wit Ruth White.
I am also a henna and glitter body artist! See more photos and other events by this presenter