The ability to sample experiences of mind is enhanced during group courses and residential retreats. Normally our brains expect certain speed and retreat environments give us an opportunity to intentionally slow it down and to engage with our experiences differently: with intention, awareness and acceptance.
If you're yearning for an opportunity to pause and look at your circumstances from a fresh perspective, or to explore some questions more deeply, Mind-Reframed retreats could be just the thing for you.
It's great to learn mindfulness from books or CDs but in truth mindfulness cannot be grasped solely on an intellectual level. It requires direct experience and consistent practice. Our retreat is an opportunity to step out of the complexity of your life and learn new tools that will enable you to live more mindfully, with greater ease and self-kindness.
Through different mindfulness practices you will experience first-hand the impact that developing awareness can have on your mind. You will be introduced to a range of skills to help you be more energised, calm and responsive and less controlled by worry and constant mental chatter.
These skills will help you to build your resilience to physical and emotional pain, whether expressed through anxiety, fear or depression. This retreat will combine the fertile atmosphere of Gozitan silence with time for meditation and walks in nature, supported by systematic instructions and practice sessions.
- Morning and afternoon mindfulness tuition and practice sessions
- Delicious organic breakfast, lunch & dinner (vegetarian and some seafood)
- Community living, periods of working meditation and involvement in preparation of meals
- Amazing sound bath experience facilitated by local practitioners
- Access to two private pools
- Quality accommodation with en-suite bathrooms
- Systematic instructions and careful guidance
- Guided walks
- Expedition around the island
- Optional end of retreat dinner at a local restaurant
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
Retreats take place in the middle of the Mediterranean sea on the island of Gozo in the village of Ghammar. Gozo, which means 'joy', is the second largest island of the Maltese Archipelago and is an ideal location for those who treasure a slow, relaxed rhythm of life and cherish being close to the sea. You are bound to enjoy the bright blue skies and crystal-clear sea, the unique coastal landscape and unspoilt countryside. Please contact us for more information about directions and how to plan the trip.
HOW TO GET THERE
- Fly in to Malta International Airport (flights are between £85 and £130).
- There is a direct bus X1 (€1.20), or taxis, that will take you from the airport directly to the Gozo Ferry Terminal.
- It takes 20 mins to cross to Gozo. You only pay for the ferry when you leave the island (€4.50).
- Taxi to the farmhouse is around €15. We can provide a lift from the Gozo Terminal at the cost of £10 by prior arrangement.
We will be staying in two traditional but modern Gozitan farmhouses. The houses are of high standard and comfortable with a fully equipped kitchen, plenty of bathrooms and showers and outside swimming pools. All bedrooms are twin and with en-suites. There are also spacious living areas and public bathrooms on the ground floor. If you have any mobility problems and would like to reserve a ground floor bedroom please let us know at the point of booking.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Two reduced fee places are available for people who are willing to offer extra support to our chef in the preparation of meals. CPD certificates are available on request.
Gozo is known as a great destination for nature walks, hiking, snorkeling, diving and trips to the beach or cliffs. You can also visit one of its impressive churches, local markets, or wine farms. We can also recommend a local massage therapist for those who are interested. There are plenty of options and some of our past retreatants were happy to arrive in Gozo a few days before the retreat or stay on afterwards.
We request that a non-refundable deposit of £200 is paid at the time of booking. The rest of the amount is due 4 weeks prior to the retreat.
- Shared room (2 people per room): EARLY BIRD £450 if reserved before 27th March 2016 and £500 after that date
- Single occupancy: EARLY BIRD £600 or £650 respectively
- Reduced fee places at £300 are offered to people with their own accommodation arrangements in Gozo
5-day mindfulness retreat on the island of Gozo: Uplift your spirit, regenerate your body, learn new skills and live with greater ease.
Luka is a BACP-registered psychotherapist, dialectical behaviour therapist and mindfulness teacher. He currently works part-time as a DBT therapist at a specialist personality disorder service in the NHS and in private practice. He leads and co-facilitates DBT skills groups and gives individual therapy to adults diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and showing traits of extreme emotional sensitivity.
Luka’s private work involves counselling and psychotherapy, cognitive and dialectical behaviour therapy and DBT skills classes. Alongside his counselling work Luka is a practitioner and teacher of mindfulness and he has conducted Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) courses for depression and taught mindfulness in corporate, health and community settings. He also runs mindfulness-based workshops and retreats in the UK and Malta.See more photos and other events by this presenter