Little Corn HotelThere’s something irresistible about a hotel where no one dresses up for dinner but everyone kicks off their shoes in the dining pavilion. The new eco-chic Yemaya Island Hideaway is that kind of place.
It’s laid-back but quietly luxurious, flash-free but flawlessly executed, and the first stylish place to stay on the remote, tiny Little Corn Island, a speck in the Caribbean about 43 miles from Nicaragua’s east coast. The 16 cabanas are spacious, with decks overlooking the sea, big comfortable beds, hot stone-walled showers with locally made coconut-oil bath products, and plenty of room to spread out. They’re simply but attractively decorated, with brightly embroidered throws strewn across the simple white beds, and direct access to the beach.
The hotel’s most beautiful space is either the covered yoga platform, where daily classes (soon twice-daily classes) are held amid the jungle greenery, or the dining pavilion overlooking the sea. It has the calm, almost reverent feeling of a yoga space too (hence the removal of shoes, or maybe it’s just because everyone’s usually sandy), and the guests are more likely to be sipping detox fruit smoothies at lunch than the local Toña beer.
The island itself is blissfully untouched, home to about 1,200 people, a rotating crew of backpackers and scuba divers, and no automobiles or paved roads. None of the beaches have furniture, just hammocks. Bathing suits are acceptable attire. To get from Yemaya to “town” entails a 30-minute hike through the jungle. (The path is well-maintained, but if you go for sunset cocktails, a headlamp for the walk home is a good idea.)
The comparisons to Costa Rica (or, rather, Costa Rica 20 years ago) are obvious, both from Nicaragua’s geography and Yemaya’s wellness focus. But when I arrived—after an insanely early 90-minute flight from Managua to Corn Island, a 20-minute ferry ride to the dock on Little Corn, and a second boat trip to Yemaya’s side of the island—my first impression was that I’d somehow wound up in Tulum. But Tulum back before the Mexican yoga-retreat town got as scene-y as it can be now. Barefoot guests, mostly in their 30s and glowing with relaxed good health, were finishing breakfast as I checked in and was served a fresh coconut with the top cut off and a straw stuck in, and young staffers were writing out the chalkboard menus.
The peace and simplicity were profound, but a high style quotient was clearly lurking in the background. It didn’t come as a surprise to learn that the owner also has three hotels in Tulum, and the managers previously worked at one of them. (Nor did it come as a shock to see that the A-list yoga chain Exhale held its New Year’s retreat here and is about to hold a teacher training.) See more events in this venue
Imagine going to a hidden tropical island surrounded by a warm turquoise ocean, coconut trees, and white sand beach for 6 nights and 7 days to reconnect and rejuvenate your body and mind, while learning from some of the top health and business teachers in the world, and becoming inspired with new knowledge and friendships to empower your life…..let’s make this happen!
A 7 Day Retreat that includes a plant powered, raw, vegan, animal-free, chemical-free menu for cleansing and recalibrating the body, daily 2 hour lectures from lifestyle design and entrepreneurial expert Kristin Lajeunesse, daily morning yoga, and sunset meditations with Grace, 1 detoxifying lymphatic massage, and many opportunities to simply relax and let go in the crystal blue waters and white sand beaches of this spectacular location on the Caribbean Side of Nicaragua, Little Corn Island.
To get to anywhere unique and spectacular will involve a little bit of adventure and fun. Fly into Managua, Nicaragua airport anytime on Feb 20, 2016. We will all meet there for a night at a comfortable executive hotel. A shuttle service for Gracious Living clients will be waiting for you at the airport to take you to the hotel. In the morning we will take a private Gracious Living Lifestyle chartered plane for our group to our first island stop, Big Corn Island. From there we will get on our private Gracious Living panga boat for 30 min through the ocean to get to Little Corn Island, our beautiful destination for the next 6 nights and 7 days. This place is like nothing you have ever imagined…think 5 star tropical jungle chic!
The casitas are beautifully built with private deck facing the ocean and sleeping 4 comfortably (2 singles beds, and 1 massive king size bed). Each has its own bathroom with semi-outdoor shower with hot water.
Morning yoga classes are on the tranquil jungle platform with fully equipped yoga mats, blocks, & bolsters that holds 45 people. Sunset meditations will be done to the sound of the ocean waves and swaying coconut trees on the ocean platform. Grace’s yoga classes are designed to release stress and invigorate the body and calm the mind through movement, through breathing exercises, and through learning to embrace stillness. All levels welcome, even beginners.
Everyday we will be enjoying organic, clean, fresh foods from the earth that facilitate your body’s natural cleansing process. Our menu that is designed for detoxification will cater to all levels beginners and advanced. We will have options and variety to suit your needs and level of cleansing. Our specially designed plant powered menu by Grace will include fresh juices, green juices, plant based smoothies, plant proteins, medicinal mushrooms, adaptogenic herbs, organic fresh vegetables and fruits grown from the local on-site garden and greenhouse, and a variety of delicious, creative raw food dishes to infuse your body with life. Not only will you feel amazing after a retreat like this but you will have so many new ideas for eating strategies and recipes when you go home.
Kristin’s dynamic and motivating lectures will help you design your life. Kristin is the author of Will Travel For Vegan Food: A Young Woman’s Solo Van-Dwelling Mission to Break Free, Find Food, & Make Love. She’s a full-time nomad who travels the world in search of the best vegan foods.
DAILY 2-HOUR LECTURES WITH KRISTIN LAJEUNESSE WILL COVER:
1. INTRO: ADVENTURES OF A GIRL TRAVELLING THE COUNTRY IN A VAN BY HERSELF: Real life story telling from Kristin’s book. How she made up her mind and left everything behind in pursuit of happiness and freedom; and how that translates to YOUR personal life goals and ambitions.
2. AWARENESS: “From Head to Heart”: Learning to disconnect from inner chaos and reconnect to our deeper, intuitive selves.
3. COURAGE: “Moving forward through fear” How to move through fear paralysis when you know you need to.
4. TRUST: “Finding Peace in the Unknown”: Learning to embrace what we can’t predict and moving forward with a trust in knowing we’re exactly where we need to be – even when it sucks.
5. AWAKEN: Discovering Your Purpose: In these intimate two-on-one sessions with Kristin you will have a chance to share your deepest desires and collectively work through your purpose—specially related to your professional career—with her and one other guest.
6. PERSONAL POWER: Creating Your Life’s Purpose Action-Plan: We’ll take your work from the previous 3 days and come together in the larger group to discuss how to take actionable steps on moving forward with your plan in living a life that’s creatively and spiritually fulfilling.
Relaxation times include hanging by the beach, lying in hammocks, spa treatments (1 detox massage is included), kayaking, paddle boarding, amazing snorkelling, and a group sailboat trip.
The combined knowledge, passion, and personalities of Kristin and Grace at this unique, gorgeous tropical island location perfect for detoxification will make this a healthy, motivating, educational vacation like you have never experienced. GUARANTEED.
LET'S TALK COSTS:
We want to give you the best prices possible because our mission is to share our knowledge with as many people as possible to help make the world a better place.
Best deals are sleeping 4 to a room, but the 5 star casitas are huge and sleep 4 comfortably. (Plus you are going to be in stunning nature the entire day anyways!)
WHAT YOU GET ON THIS RETREAT:
- Daily 2 hour lectures by Kristin Lajeunesse
- Daily yoga with Grace Van Berkum
- Daily meditations with Grace
- 1 beach yoga class
- 1 beach meditation
- 1 detox massage
- 3 raw food, vegan, superfood meals, juices, & smoothies every day
- Full use of the Resort’s water equipment (boat, snorkel, paddleboards, beach volleyball)
- 7 nights in high end accommodation in Nicaragua at 2 locations (1 night in Managua and 6 nights at Yemaya Island Resort).
- All hotel and food taxes are included
- VIP travel after Managua
- BONUS: Each participant receives a signed copy of Kristin’s new book, "Will Travel For Vegan Food" as well as 20% off of additional spa treatments
So basically once you get off that plane, you are fully taken care of, and have no other costs (besides additional personal expenses).
A GRACIOUS LIVING RETREAT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Airfare to Managua, Nicaragua
- Extra spa treatments (however as a Gracious Living participant, you will be able to receive them at 20% off)
- Horseback riding
- Travel Insurance (MANDATORY for an adventure destination like this)
*The best way to protect yourself from any unforeseen circumstance is to purchase trip insurance.
Travel insurance can protect you in case of:
- Trip cancellation
- Unforseen circumstances: weather, natural disaster, or travel companions
- Lost baggage
- Medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become ill or injured
One reputable company is Travelex.
Some credit cards companies offer (the one you used to purchase your ticket) travel insurance so be sure to check.
*A $500 USD NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is required to secure your spot.
*Full amount to be paid before Dec 9, 2015.
Capacity of retreat is 45 people and we expect to sell-out with such amazing offerings, teachings, and stunning tropical location!
1) Fly into Managua, Nicaragua ANY TIME on Feb 20, 2016. We will all be meeting at our executive hotel for a welcome dinner. The following morning at 6am we depart for our beautiful tropical location on Little Corn Island, which includes a short private plane & boat ride. ONCE YOU LAND IN MANAGUA ALL ACCOMMODATION, FOOD, & EXTRA TRANSPORT IS INCLUDED IN RETREAT PRICE. Let us take care of you!
2) We depart from Yemaya on Little Corn Island at 6am on Feb 27, 2016. We land in Managua between 9-9:30am at latest. Book your departing flights on Feb 27 anytime after 9:30 am giving yourself enough time for check-in & customs. Or feel free to stay longer at Yemaya or travel around in Nicaragua. Let us know and we can make recommendations for places to see & things to do.
It’s time to change your health!
It’s time to change your life!
It’s time to LIVE the life you were meant to live….a life of greatness!
Gracious Living Lifestyle Retreat with Entrepreneur Expert and Business Clarity Coach, Kristin Lajeunesse on Little Corn Island, Nicaragua.
Grace Van Berkum
Yoga in breathtaking, unique locations. Realfood, plant-based, alive nutrition to heal & detox the body. Connecting to nature & soul. Balanced breathing to calm the mind. Embracing change. Empowering Yoga, Nutrition, Adventure Tropical Retreats in Nicaragua, Bahamas, Florida, & around the World. www.gracevanberkum.comSee more photos and other events by this presenter