Eastover Estate and Retreat
EASTOVER ESTATE & RETREAT is a residential holistic retreat center, dedicated to serving the greater holistic community, for the last 5 years it has been undergoing a complete renovation and is emerging as a facilitator of holistic workshops and retreats. Centered around an evocative Berkshire Summer Cottage with sun trenched café, juice bar, library, meeting rooms, porch, terrace, luxury bedrooms, Eastover is centrally located in the cultural hub of the Berkshires, and only minutes from Tanglewood, Kriplau, Shakespeare & Co. and dozens of other cultural venues, Eastover is an ideal location for teachers, groups, organizations and companies seeking retreat and training. Eastover offers spacious characteristic and historical workshop and program rooms with multiple meeting and studio facilities including well-equipped commercial kitchens ideal for all styles of cooking classes. There is a wide range of limited overnight accommodations preserving its intimacy to fit everyone’s budget, from rustic, to contemporary, to luxurious.
600 Acres of silence cradled by Houstonic River and October Mountain, Eastover is a mix of inviting lawns, courtyards, meadows, gardens, forests, woodland trails, and panoramic views of the Mt Greylock, the site creates a sense of expansiveness and a feeling of serenity where people can meet outside the bustle of everyday life. Eastover is unaffiliated with any specific spiritual tradition. Its eclectic open-hearted receptivity to a broad array of groups and teachers aims to support the continuing emergence of holistic and ecological ideas capable of renewing our culture and leading the way to a sustainable planet.
Tally Ho Entertainment/workshop Venue
Located just walking distance from the Mansion is our newly renovated, multi-purpose entertainment venue known as Tally Ho, an iconic gathering place loved for decades by people from the Berkshires and beyond. Tally Ho offers the largest indoor space in Berkshire County, with over 9,000 sq. ft. suitable
Looking forward to hosting your many successful workshops/retreats at Eastover.
Healing Touch is a philosophy, a way of caring, and a sacred healing art. It is an energy based therapeutic approach to healing.
By assessing, treating and evaluating the energy system, the practitioner assists the client to self heal.
Anyone is capable of taking these classes. You need not be a professional. The individual must desire an in-depth understanding and practice of healing touch work using energy based concepts.
Healing Touch is a multi level program in energy based therapy that moves from beginning to advanced practice.
These techniques were designed for use on people, but have been found to be extremely useful when working with animals as well.*Healing touch is an interationally accredited program endorsed by the Holistic Nures's Association, offering continuing education contact hours for each workshop.
The HTI Healing Touch Certificate Program has been in place since 1996. It is the continuing education program of Healing Beyond Borders, Educating and Certifying the Healing Touch™. Classes are sequenced through five levels using didactic and experiential learning modalities. Five levels of classes move the student from a beginning to an advanced practitioner and incorporate a variety of energy-based modalities that are sequenced per class levels.
Level 1 begins with 18 continuing education contact hours of instruction, allowing persons with varying backgrounds to enter, acknowledge their previous learning and to further develop concepts and skills in energy-based therapy. A strong commitment to personal growth is required.
Level 1 Objectives
The participant will:
- Describe the human energy system relationship to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
- Discuss energy principles basic to Healing Touch.
- Assess the energy field and energy centers.
- Identify a basic Healing Touch sequence.
- Demonstrate specific intervention techniques used in Healing Touch.
- Discuss applications of Healing Touch in personal and professional practice.
- Discuss expected ethical conduct and standards of practice within Healing Touch.
Level 1 couse content
- Energy system concepts related to health
- Basics of the energy system - energy Field and energy centers
- Location and function of the chakras
- Assessment of the energy field and energy centers
- Meditation for centering and maintaining energetic flow
- Principles and practice of Healing Touch
- Selected intervention techniques: Basic Healing Touch Sequence, Magnetic passes, Magnetic Clearing, Chakra Connection (1 on 1, 2 on 1, self), Headache Techniques (tension migraine, sinus), Ultra Sound, Laser, Chakra Spread, Scudder (Optional), Mind Clearing (Optional) Principles of self-healing
- Personal development as a healer
- Legal and professional aspects of touch therapies
These techniques were designed for use on people, but have been found to be extremely useful when working with animals as well.