Museflower Retreat & Spa
An all-inclusive vegetarian retreat and spa center in Chiang Rai that offers yoga, meditation, detox, awakening, spiritual retreats as well as spa holidays. A sanctuary of healing, learning, and natural living practices for wellness and nature lovers, suitable for all travelers who want a mindfully green, health-conscious place to stay while visiting and exploring Chiang Rai. Clean and down-to-earth bungalows with wall fans, solar-heated warm water shower facing the private lake and organic farm. Room rate is inclusive of three organic vegetarian meals per day and one wellness class, such as yoga, stretching, Tai chi per day. Facilities include Museflower Spa, chemical-free salt water swimming pool, herbal steam, floating room, bicycle for rent, aquaponics, free Wi-Fi in all public areas. Museflower also offers facilities for rent for groups up to 36 people.See more events in this venue
“Exploration of Self and our World”
Mindfulness. Emotional Intelligence. Compassion.
Enjoy this unique learning holiday with yoga teacher Mark Chaves and photographer Eleanor Moseman, who have created this mindfulness program that combines the practice of yoga and the photography of local cultures and communities. This retreat, called “Exloration of Self and Our World” aims to teach mindful yoga practice of self awareness and emotional intelligence, while learning technical photography skills in a way that tells stories by looking at local culture and communities with care and compassion. This retreat is open to all levels of yoga and photography, and seeks to help anyone looking to develop tools while exploring their full potential.
Benefits of Mindful Yoga and Photography Retreat
- Learn how to incorporate mindfulness and meditation in your everyday life
- Receive Yoga asana (postures) and pranayama (breathing) guidance
- Gain a better insight and understanding of mindfulness and compassion practices
- Hone your photography skills in the field
- Learn photography approaches that avoid exploitative practices while learning to adapt and participate in local environments and culture
- Visit a traditional hill tribe community and local markets to get to know the local people
Highlights of the Retreat
- Six nights of accommodation with three delicious lacto-ovo vegetarian meals per day
- Daily photography excursion among local communities
- Daily photography theory and instruction
- Daily yoga practice with meditation and yoga therapy
- One 60 minutes signature massage at Museflower Spa
- Pickup and drop-off transfers to/from Chiang Rai airport or town
Yoga: Previous Yoga experience is not required. However, an open mind and physically fit body is needed to comfortably practice Yoga asanas (postures) and seated meditation. Please consult your physician if you have any health concerns that hinder your physical activity. Yoga asanas should not be practiced if you have active spinal injuries or are recovering from spinal surgery. Posture modifications can be given for minor injuries and preexisting physical limitations.
Photography: Previous formal photography training is not required. It is preferred that every participant has a DSLR or “point and shoot” that has manual settings. It is understood that some participants may not have access to one of these and are looking for a better understand of gear before investing or upgrading to a camera. Camera phones are acceptable. Eleanor will also be conducting an optional course in post-processing in Lightroom, so a laptop with an installed version of Lightroom is welcomed. (Free 30 day trial through the Adobe website.)
Join Mark Chaves and Eleanor Moseman for a one week mindful journey on Yoga and Photography in Museflower Retreat & Spa, Chiang Rai in October 2015.