In partnership with YOGA ON LIQUID (YOLI), Global Family Travels is offering Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Yoga Teacher Training and Certification in Nicaragua! Taught by YOLI instructors Melissa Longfellow and Jenn Perell, our SUP Yoga teacher training is designed for yoga teachers of any style who would like to learn to teach a fun and safe yoga class ~ on liquid! The natural beauty of Nicaragua's Las Isletas in Lake Nicargua offers a perfect setting to calm your mind and soul as train with Jenn & Melissa.
As part of the YOLI SUP Yoga teacher training, participants will have the opportunity to learn:
- Yoga Sequencing on water: Intelligent yoga class sequences developed specifically for Stand up Paddle Yoga on Liquid with poses that are uniquely adapted to use the paddle, board, and water to enhance and elevate the experience of Yoga On Liquid.
- Stand Up Paddling Skills: Turns, strokes, and the ability to slow down, stop, and navigate confidently and correctly.
- Stand Up Paddle Gear: Learn all about stand up paddleboards, what they are made of and how to choose and use the correct boards for yoga. Learn about paddles and what other gear is needed and legally required including what gear an instructor should always carry and how to use it.
- How to create a Yoga Studio on Liquid: You will learn to asses your environment; lake, ocean, marina, river or pool. What to look for, how to negotiate with public and private property, permits, parking and water access. Learn natural conditions and what kind of gear to use to anchor students and instructors to create a successful Yoga on Liquid environment.
- Water Safety and Rescue: How to be prepared and confident to keep all students safe and what to do in case of various situations that call for your immediate and appropriate action. Including how best to contact for help, how to rescue a conscious and unconscious victim, what to do in unexpected rough water, cold water, seasickness, heat stroke, etc.
- How to create a successful Yoga on Liquid business: Including pricing classes, marketing and partnering with yoga studios and board rental shops, creating an online presence including booking classes and registration, taking payments onsite, liability insurance and waivers, creating a viral marketing movement using social media and more.
Get certified to teach SUP Yoga in the natural beauty of Nicaragua's Las Isletas!
Melissa will lovingly hold space for you to excavate the gems that make you uniquely amazing. Originally from Boston and raised mostly Catholic, her Guatemalan mom exposed her to many Spiritual practices. At age 8 Melissa was given the name “Padmavati, meaning lotus flower, by the late Siddha Yoga guru Swami Muktananda. After years of beating up her body snowboarding and skateboarding and beating herself up mentally for everything, she sought out yoga in 1999 for healing and arrived into a life-changing daily yoga practice with Baron Baptiste, her main teacher even today. Melissa lives in Bellingham, WA where her 2 sons are growing up quickly. She leads programs for the Baptiste Institute and enjoys traveling around the globe to teach yoga. Melissa is an experienced, 500-hour Certified Baptiste Yoga Teacher, Certified Standup Paddle Yoga Instructor Trainer, the founder of Power Yoga Academy and the leader of the global handstand challenge movement #100x100handies.See more photos and other events by this presenter
grew up surfing in Southern California and went on to
paddle competitively when she moved to Hawaii. When
she moved back to the mainland the water felt cold by
comparison so she found a way to stay just above it and
combine her two loves - yoga and paddling. It is one of
Jenn's greatest passions to share her love of yoga and the
ocean with others while empowering them to teach,
connect with nature, and find fun and flow in their lives.
She has been teaching yoga since 2007 and is E-RYT 200hr,
RYT 500hr yoga alliance certified. Jenn did her Stand up
Paddle Yoga training with Onboard SUP in 2010, and loves
to share the stoke. She is now traveling the world teaching
Yoga on Liquid teacher trainings and producing all kinds
of music, yoga, and wellness festivals and events. See more photos and other events by this presenter