A row of fountains in a garden of roses leads you to the front door of Peacock Pavilions. Everything you see here has a story to tell, with treasures gathered the world over. It’s no wonder that Peacock Pavilions has been featured in over 20 media outlets, from Elle Décor, to Food & Wine, to the New York Times, to House & Garden TV.
The Atlas Pavilion faces the snow capped High Atlas Mountains and you can admire the view from your private rooftop terrace or from the catwalk. The pavilion is 1,300 square feet (135 square meters) and includes a private salon with a soaring 18 foot ceiling and pyramid shaped dome. Admire the Moroccan fantasia horse saddle, the many Egyptian lanterns, a collection of oil paintings, fantastic Moroccan carpets and much more. The ultimate place to relax, the salon has stunning lacy plasterwork that took weeks to complete. There is also down-filled seating for discussions in comfort and a dining area for intimate meals. A walk up the spiral staircase takes you to the cat walk with its vintage hand embroidered seating -- an ideal location to curl up with a book. There are two gorgeous bedrooms that have been featured in many magazine photo shoots, each with its own romantic fireplace and glamorous bathroom. You may specify twin beds or a king bed. Hand painted walls and ceilings are sure to delight the senses. Each bedroom also has 400 square feet of private rooftop terrace with seating as well as small patios.
Down the path from the Atlas Pavilion is The Medina Pavilion The Pavilion is a 2,400 square foot (225 square meters) house with 1,225 square feet (114 square meters) of terraces. In the domed salon, admire the many original French illustrations of the Moroccan colonial period, a beaded chair from the Yoruba tribe, curtains made from antique Yemeni red and silver saris, Persian carpets, Kashmiri embroideries and much more. Everyone can take advantage of a fully equipped kitchen with its patterned tiles and collection of African baskets. There is also an adjoining dining room.with an original ceiling from the Moroccan pasha’s period, as well as glass Egyptian mosque lanterns. The Pavilion boasts three splendid bedrooms, each with a king size bed or twin beds if you prefer. Two of the three bedrooms have their own fireplaces and each private bathroom has tiled floors and vessel sinks. The upstairs bedroom leads out onto a private terrace with its own seating. A more spacious rooftop terrace offers glorious views for all to enjoy.
And there’s more…..
The 800 square-foot Pool is the center piece of the property, inviting you to cool off when the party gets too hot. Loungers & umbrellas offer the perfect spot to sunbathe or read.
Hidden away in the olive grove, you find our Outdoor Cinema. This exclusive theater has a huge screen, amazing surround sound, deckchair seating and a fire pit to warm up those cool evenings. Expect cold beers, hot chocolate and popcorn. It’s a memorable spot to watch Casablanca under the stars.
Another magical feature is our exotic Arabian Dining Tent. Lush carpets create a cozy atmosphere and the one-of-a-kind linens will provide the perfect backdrop to the delicious evening meals that you will be served here. And for the more active ones among you, we offer free access to our small Outdoor Gym as well as our Tented Yoga pavilion - perfect to work off the Moroccan couscous under the shaded thatch. One-on-one personal training or Pilates can be arranged.See more events in this venue
Secret Marrakesh. Start with the world-famous intoxicating scents, sounds
As you may know, we here at Peacock Pavilions love all things magical and perhaps even a bit secretive. Our Marrakesh is a city filled with layer upon layer of mystery, the perfect place for unearthing secrets and surprises.
Come; be immersed in our own Secret Marrakesh. Start with the world-famous intoxicating scents, sounds and sights of Marrakesh and then take it one step further. The Red City is filled with tightly closed, unassuming doors which when peeked into, reveal the unexpected. Join Michelle Hirschfeld of Peacock Pavilions and Project SOAR, as she opens these doors for you, unveiling the both the old and the new sides of the art, culture, food and fashion of city that she fell in love in - ahem, with. Fell in love with. (See…secrets abound!) Some of it will be beautiful, some of it will be gritty, but all of it will be wondrous. We promise.
It gets even better. There is no better source of Marrakesh mystique than Maryam Montague, tapped by sources from across the globe for her insight, advice and well, secrets about her adopted home town. Learn about personal projects that Maryam is working on and if all things align, she may be on-hand to divulge some of her closely guarded Marrakesh favorites. (*confidentiality agreements may be required…..ooh, how delicious!)
Meet us in the olive grove August 8th – 14th to experience what makes Marrakesh pulse. It is going to be so hot, you say. You are right, it will be steamy! So, we will follow the sun; languid mornings and late evenings mixed in with a good dose of lazing about in the Peacock Pavilions gardens, pool & Project Soar pavilion. Did you know you can actually climb up the side one of the villas for sweeping views? Sssh….it’s a secret! Learn more secrets: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our week will be filled with delicious foods, hand crafted cocktails, lazy wanders and of course, Secrets. Not all secrets are fully explained here and some secrets are not even mentioned, as that is the nature of a secret. So, we hope you will trust us; we promise you will not be disappointed.
August 8th – 14, 2014 $2595.00 per person, based on Double Occupancy
Room shares possible based on registrations
Private room with Single supplement available
The Secrets* : find here a little taste of what will be revealed
- Exclusive guided access to secret and surprising Marrakesh experiences with Michelle Hirschfeld of Peacock Pavilions and Project SOAR, assisted by Faysal Chadimi, Marrakesh photographer and filmmaker
- Peacock Pavilions guided tour and talk with owner Maryam Montague**, author of award winning blog, www.mymarrakesh.com
- A visit to an ancient ferran to experience firsthand the art of this essential part of Moroccan life
- A trip to the food souks to assemble of one of Morocco’s most local food traditions, cooked in the fires of the hammam.
- A wander through the ancient medina and the new city of Gueliz with visits to ancient artisans and modern ateliers alike.
- A visit to the Riad of one of Marrakesh’s most famous modern photographers
- The reveal of a project that Maryam is working on that is so closely guarded that you will literally be sworn to secrecy.
- Secrets yet to be revealed that will offer insight to the Marrakesh art, music or fashion scene.
The Details : Not a care in the world for you, we will handle these items
- Six Nights Double Accomodation with private bath in the magical Peacock Pavilions (single supplement available)
- Daily Breakfast service featuring coffee, tea, fresh juices, fruits, breads and more
- Welcome Cocktail Reception
- Champagne Brunch
- Daily Lunches***
- Nightly Dinners, inclusive of wine when dining at Peacock Pavilions
- Airport Transfers (Marrakesh Menara)
- Transport to all scheduled activities
- Gratuities at Peacock Pavilions
The Deliciousness : this is just a sampling; of course there is no limit
- Henna Party
- A Morning spent with the Girls of Project SOAR
- Midnight Swim at Peacock Pavilions
- A Day Trip to the breezy seaside town of Essaouira
- Lazy afternoons poolside with Peacocktails ****
- A signed copy of Maryam’s book, Marrakesh by Design, is our gift to you
- Peacock Pavilions will donate 10% of the profits of this retreat to Project SOAR
On your own : there are just a few things of which you must take care
- Airfare to and from Marrakesh
- Travel Insurance
- Alcohol outside of indications above
- All the marvelous treasures that you can fit in your suitcase!
* Secrets are subject to change, as is often the case with mysterious happenings
** Maryam’s presence, although planned, cannot be guaranteed, as her work in humanitarian aid can require immediate travel in response to crisis
*** Lunch is on your own arrival/departure days or during the daytrip to Essaouria
**** Drinks not included in price
nfidentiality agreements may be required…..ooh, how delicious!)
Meet us in the olive grove August 8th – 14th to experience what makes Marrakesh pulse. It is going to be so hot, you say. You are right, it will be steamy! So, we will follow the sun; languid mornings and late evenings mixed in with a good dose of lazing about in the Peacock Pavilions gardens, pool & Project Soar pavilion. Did you know you can actually climb up the side one of the villas for sweeping views? Sssh….it’s a secret! Learn more secret