DescriptionPura Vida! Learn what it means to live purely, to attune to the natural ebb and flow of things. In a little swatch of paradise called Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, life abounds! Monkeys frolic on the rooftops, sloths linger long in the tree tops, flocks of pelicans coast by grazing the surf, hand-sized Morphos butterflies lilt about, and it's all just another day at the beach! Fall into sync with nature, beginning each day with yoga practice on a rooftop deck overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Wind down with the sun as it dips below the horizon each day, basking in the chroma color of tropical sunset and your own inner radiance following evening practice. Nicole McLane will guide you in your daily practice, and through 7 days of savoring all the simple splendor of the town she once called home. Hike to hidden beaches, nap beneath a cluster of palms, or choose your own adventure each day! Discover your own natural rhythm and vow to take it home with you! Retreat Includes:
- 7 nights accommodation in a multi-level villa with indoor and outdoor pools, majestic coastal views of the Pacific Ocean and Manuel Antonio below, rooftop yoga deck, and much more. Each room has its own private bathroom. Walking distance from beaches, restaurants, and Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Daily Breakfast and Dinner. (Vegan/Vegetarian options are available upon request.)
- Daily yoga practices led by Nicole McLane at sunrise and sunset.
- Group shuttle transportation between San Juan Santamaria International Airport in San Jose and Manuel Antonio.
- Daily hikes to the many beaches along the Manuel Antonio coast.
- Manuel Antonio National Park Tour
- Massage & Spa Treatments
- Surf Lessons/Surf Board Rental
- Scuba Diving
- White Water Rafting
- Mangrove Tours
- Spice Farm Tours
- Sunset Catamaran Tours
- Horseback Riding
- $29 Costa Rica Exit Tax due prior to departure from SJO airport
- Any transportation separate from the group shuttle organized from and to the airport
- Optional excursions
- Daily Lunch
- Yoga mats & props
Spend a week adventuring around the jungles and beaches of Costa Rica (and your own inner landscape!).
Nicole McLane, CYT, RYT
Nicole began exploring meditation in 1999, hoping to quell the anxiety brought on by her hectic urban life. She began reading books on Buddhism, some poetry by Thich Nat Hanh. At some point, she finally sat down, grew quiet, and began to study herself. Yoga followed quite serendipitously just a few years later. As she stood on the mat in her very first class and felt the four points of each foot pressing the Earth in Mountain Pose and breathed her way through her first Sun Salutation, she found her meditation brought to life. More than just her posture fell into alignment.
After years in public classes, Nicole finally decided to undertake her 250-hour teacher training at Wake Up Yoga in Philadelphia, in hopes of developing a safe and knowledgeable personal practice. As her practice deepened, the call to teach unfolded naturally. Upon receiving her AYA Certification, she began sharing her experience of yoga in classes in and around Philadelphia.
In 2006, she moved to Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, where she continued to explore herself and her practice while offering classes to yogis from all around the world. Two years later, she followed her path to Buenos Aires, Argentina where she lived for a year, teaching in both English and her acquired Spanish.
Since July 2010, Nicole is back in her hometown of Philadelphia reconnecting with her roots. Her teaching shines light on the seemingly insignificant moments, the tiny particles of life, to reveal the big picture of universal interconnection.See more photos and other events by this presenter