We are offering a Hatha Yoga, Qigong and Thai massage retreat on Crete, in a magical place next to the beach. Landing airport is Chania (CHQ) - West Crete.
Crete has a reputation as the most favourite incoming holiday destination, because of its unparalleled hospitality, landscape variety, crystal clear waters, traditional mountain villages, authentic cuisine, rich history and culture, unique art and music.
Within the limited time available to us during your holidays we try to lead you into experiencing the true beauty and positive effects of body & mind unification, so that when you go back home you will take with you not only memories of a great vacation, but also a priceless personal experience, able to guide you through the difficulties of your everyday routine.
This retreat combines Qigong, Yoga & Thai Massage to create a holistic, deeply rejuvenating experience.
- Taoist Qigong brings forth the qualities of relaxation, fluidity, no effort (wu wei) and meditation in our practice.
- Hatha Yoga teaches us the importance of grounding, alignment, breathing, and balance.
- Thai massage reminds us of the importance of metta (loving kindness), communication, connection, acceptance and giving.
We prefer to work in small numbers to get to know us better and have true results, therefore a maximum of 8 participants will be allowed.
In conjunction with the included in itinerary excursions and optional activities, regional cuisine and enough free time to experience new things at your own pace, this is going to be an unforgettable holistic holiday.
- You will come closer to a better understanding of the symbols behind the moves of Qigong and Yoga and will gain a clear experience of the energy flow these symbols activate when consciously utilized.
- You will learn a concrete Qigong sequence.
- You will shed new light on your known Hatha Yoga poses.
- You will learn basic Thai massage techniques
- You will rest and rejuvenate deeply in our venue right next to a sand beach with crystal clear water.
A typical day of our Cretan body & mind retreat:
- Early morning 1h Qigong
- Free time or included in price activities (excursions, walks etc)
- Late afternoon 2h class including Hatha Yoga, breathing techniques and Thai massage exchange
- Suggested evening events (dancing, attending live music concerts, group games and much more)
Adjusted to your age and fitness. Every level practitioners are welcomed.
8 days, 7 nights
Your retreat leader has a 15 years long teaching experience and is a 25 years long practitioner in both Qigong and Yoga. He is also a Thai massage therapist and teacher.
Accommodation is offered on a very well organised seafront campsite with all basic facilities at the price of US$ 670,- per person.
It is possible to upgrade to a room's stay. The campsite provides wonderful rooms with own shower/WC, refrigerator, sea-view terrace or balcony and A/C. Browse our pictures to see the one of the rooms and their garden. Upgrade to a room may optionally include breakfast as well. Upgrade price depends on the season. High season is June 15 to Sept 15.
- Accommodation on a campsite
- Classes are held on a suitable Yoga platform that protects from the strong Cretan sun.
- Body & mind program with Yoga, Qigong and Thai massage
- One cultural excursion
- All necessary local transfers including transfers to/from airport or port of Chania city on Crete
- English-speaking holiday facilitator
Not included services:
- Arrival to and departure from Crete
- Travel/ medical insurance
- Accommodation upgrade option at an extra cost based in availability, in rooms with own shower/WC, A/C, refrigerator, sea-view balcony or terrace.
- Car rental: From € 35,- per day
- Motorcycle rental: From € 15,- per day
- Bicycle rental: From € 10,- per day
- Massage treatments: Special discounted price from € 45,- per hour
- We can take care of your need for an additional stay in Athens, caused by inconvenient times of arrival or departure: Prices from € 60,- per single room including breakfast, from € 80,- per twin or double bedroom including breakfast.
"Out in the dark blue sea there lies a land called Crete, a rich and lovely land, washed by the waves on every side..."--- The Odyssey
Crete is perhaps the most famous travel destination of Greece, especially among those who seek the traditional side of the Greek culture. Offering a unique and diverse landscape, a chance to come close to the local customs, native people with authentic hospitality and the Cretan cuisine, famous world wide for its taste and health benefits, Crete is a "must to explore" for the conscious travellers of today.
Although globalisation, tourism and economic growth have inevitably changed the way of life in Crete, especially in the large urban centres, to a modern and cosmopolitan style, the Cretans still preserve the bonds with their rich folk traditions and cultural heritage. The Cretan dances are still danced at every opportunity and the "madinades" and the "rizitika" songs resound in every celebration. In the countryside many old Cretan men and women wear the traditional costume and the Cretan idiom is widely spoken even in the large cities.
There is an exceptional artistic production in traditional sectors such as pottery, embroidery, jewellery etc and of course the very special Cretan Music. Arts and literature had always played a significant role in the life of the Cretan people. Famous painters like El Greco, Michael Damaskinos, writers like Nikos Kazantzakis, poets like Vincenzos Kornaros and Odysseas Elitis, composers like Mikis Theodorakis, Manos Hatzidakis and Giannis Markopoulos are Cretans or of Cretan origin. Today there are many important Cretans with significant contribution in all aspects of the cultural life in Greece.
Extra virgin olive oil, legumes and vegetables still constitute the base of the local cuisine as they have done for thousands of years and make the Cretan cuisine renowned worldwide for its benefits on longevity and good health.
The climate in Crete is temperate. The atmosphere can be quite humid, depending on the proximity to the sea. The winter is fairly mild and tolerable. Snow fall is practically unknown to the plains, but quite frequent in the mountains. During summer though, average temperatures are high. Probably the best time for a traveller to visit Crete is spring and autumn.
The quiet sandy beach, green environment, open-hearted hosts, great restaurant and the reasonable prices turn this family run venue into an irresistible retreat choice in Greece. The venue consists of a. a very well organized campsite with natural tree-shadow and b. an independent complex of 4 bungalows with their own garden.
The proximity to many other famous sandy beaches, like Falassarna, Balos, Gramvoussa and Elafonissi makes this venue ideal for those who wish to combine their yoga practice with some exploration of the unmatched famous Cretan beaches.
- Restaurant with local products for all your meals
- Café – Snack bar
- Laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Fax – printer service
- Free parking
9 REASONS TO TRAVEL WITH US:
- visit all the highlights, a safe distance away from mass tourism
- stay in handpicked, small-scale, family-owned venues
- be guided privately or in a small group, at your preferred pace
- discover unspoiled nature and places off-the-beaten-track
- participate in local celebrations, feasts, and events
- get to know pioneer artisans and experience their art
- taste authentic Greek products directly at the producers’ farms
- share our active commitment to eco-tourism and fair-trade
- support selected local sustainable-development projects
A Yoga, Qigong & Thai massage retreat on the Greek island of Crete. Your venue right at a sand beach, allows you to dive into the sea any time of the day!
: Mr. Yannis Sampsonidis
I was born in Thessaloniki, Greece, in 1968.
During my university studies on Civil Engineering, I was blessed to discover the Eastern Internal Martial Arts.
From 1990 to 1999 I have intensively studied Master Mantak Chia's Universal Healing Tao System. After this long training, I have decided I want to live and work as a teacher and therapist and not as an engineer, so I committed myself to the path of spirituality and healing.
Today, as a certified instructor of the Universal Healing Tao System, I teach Conscious Breathing, Healing Sounds, Chinese Yoga, Qi Gong and Meditation.
I am also a certified Thai Massage practitioner, certified by the Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai, Thailand, and a 300h certified Hatha Yoga instructor by the Lotos Yoga Academy, one of the oldest Yoga Alliance certified schools in Greece.
I continue my studies both in Thai Massage and Hatha Yoga.
I volunteer to my community by offering free or basic-cost yoga and qigong classes, mostly to children with special needs and to older people.
I keep my passion for the preservation of the natural environment and wildlife alive by being an active member/supporter of various NGOs in Greece and worldwide, like: ALKIONI, ARCHELON, AVAAZ.
On top of that I have founded the not-for-profit corporation Hellenic Tao, that has soon grown to a vivid network of volunteers, supporting members, social enterprises and socially responsible companies, all sharing the same vision: To promote the Greek authentic culture, protect the environment, support local sustainability projects or initiatives and generally inspire towards a more conscious and holistic way of life.
Finally, I wish to add that I have become a pescetarian (one who eats fish-meat only) after my introduction to the inspiring Meatrix and Earthlinks documentaries. These are highly suggested to watch, but only if you feel ready inside for the ..change.
A complete list of my honored teachers follows. I thank them all from the bottom of my heart!
- Master Wang Ting Yun - Medical Qi Gong for the spine
- Master Wen Mei Yu - Soaring Crane Qi Gong
- Master Alex Dong - Yang Tai Chi Chuan
- Dr. Gaspar Garcia - 8 Jewels Qi Gong
- Dr. Ho - Traditional Chinese Medicine & Ear Acupuncture
- Dr. George Pappas - Tai Chi Qi Gong & Daoist Meditation
- Dr. George Aggelinakis - Bio energy Balancing
- Moscha Skodra - Shiatsu
- George Tsirakidis - Thai Massage
- Spyros Peristeris - Thai Massage
- TMC-Thai Massage School - Thai Massage
- Sunshine Massage School - Thai Massage
- Master Duan Zhi Liang - Wu Ji Qi Gong
- Master Tew Bunnag - Bodhisattva virtues and Tai Chi Chuan
- S.N.Goenka and assistants – Vipassana meditation in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
- Dr. Kyriakos Zografos - Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture
- Linda Kapetaniou Lotus Academy - Hatha Yoga, Sotai Yoga
- Andrzej Kalisz - Zhan Zhuang Qi Gong
- Panayotis Derventis - Daoyin Yangsheng Gong
- Biff Mithoefer – Yin Yoga
- Robert Krzisnik & Marjeta Novak – The Transformational Power of Nonviolent Communication
- Liu Jianshe – Zhineng Qigong
- Master Juan Li – Thibetan meditation to transform emotions and beliefs
- Irene Norberg – “Touch for Health 1″ (International Kinesiology College)
- Monroe Institute – Hemi-Sync
- Elias Koumpounis – Laughter Wellness
- Oriental Medicine & Shiatsu Training Centre – Sotai Corrective Bodywork
Come and join one of my retreats! As a teacher, I share with all my heart what I have learned in life so far and as a group leader I make sure you enjoy a well-coordinated itinerary.
Namaste!See more photos and other events by this presenter