Stoked Yogi San DiegoOur training grounds are the tranquil waters of Mission Bay in sunny San Diego, California. Morning sessions for SUP yoga take place on flat water. Afternoon yoga sessions take place on the beach, at the park, or on your private outdoor yoga deck. See more events in this venue
You love yoga. You love the water. This is what you were made for. We are so stoked that you are considering adding stand up paddle board yoga to your teaching repertoire, and our goal is to streamline the process for you to give you the best possible experience.THIS 40-HOUR ALL-INCLUSIVE STAND UP PADDLE BOARD YOGA TEACHER CERTIFICATION COURSE INCLUDES:
- SUP Skills: Paddle technique including stroke and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, entry and exit techniques, caring for your board.
- PaddleFit Level One Certification ($295 value)
- WPA Level One Certification ($295 value)
- Instructing a beginner SUP lesson
- Weather and water safety: Regulations, local knowledge, rescue techniques and lifesaving skills.
- Anchor systems: Individual and group
- Adapting and sequencing asana on the water, including 2 set sequences: beginner and advanced.
- “Float and Fly” Intro to AcroYoga(TM) workshop
- Inversion and Floating Yoga workshop to fire up the core and calibrate balance in the body
- Building Your Business: Purchasing and preparing, start up capital, marketing and advertising, web development and software, reaching your audience.
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Glide Yoga Board, paddle, anchor, and PFD.
- Stoked Yogi beach bag filled with goodies from our sponsors: Polar Bottle, Raw Elements USAsunscreen, KIND bars, Violet Love Headbands, and of course Stoked Yogi apparel!
- 5 days, 4 nights accommodations at private waterfront residence.
- 3 meals per day, prepared by private chef: juice/smoothie breakfast, nourishing lunch, and incredible dinner made with local, seasonal, organic ingredients.
- AcroYoga workshop with certified instructor.
- Inversion and floating workshop to fire up the core!
- Restorative yoga to soothe tired muscles
- Dharma journaling session to uncover your purpose.
- Unlimited use of Glide Yoga stand up paddle boards during non-training hours.
Our goal is to support you from the start. We provide training that is approved by PaddleFit, WPA, Yoga Alliance, NASM, and ACE. Not only will we make sure you have everything you need to successfully complete training, including the most comprehensive SUP yoga training guide ever written, but we also give you access upon graduation to a wholesale account with Glide SUP. You will leave training ready to start your own business, confident and secure in your ability to teach SUP yoga safely and effectively. In the spirit of yoga, we support your endeavors and aim to help you find your perfect path, enabling you to be yourself, be confident, and spread love through stand up paddle boarding and yoga.COURSE REQUIREMENTS
We require a 200 hour Yoga Alliance certification or equivalent teaching experience. If you are unsure about your experience, please complete the application and explain clearly your yoga practice and teaching. CPR certification is required before graduation certificate will be issued.REGISTRATION
To register, please complete the application in it’s entirety and pay the deposit online. You will receive a confirmation email including your receipt, invoice for balance, packing list, and detailed itinerary.TUITION
Tuition for this five day all-inclusive training is $1450*. A non-refundable $450 deposit is required to confirm your space on this course. If the balance is paid 30 days prior to training, a $100 early bird discount will be applied. The balance is due two weeks prior to the course start date. Click here to pay deposit online or contact me by email if you prefer to pay by check.
*Please note that tuition may vary depending on location. Refer to the tuition details for your specific training dates and location.
Get certified to teach stand up paddle board yoga on this five day, four night all-inclusive retreat. Trainings across the US and abroad with Stoked Yogi.
Amelia Travis, Founder & CEO of Stoked Yogi
Amelia has trained over one hundred sixty five yoga instructors how to adapt the practice of yoga safely to the stand up paddle board and is the author of Aqua Asana: A Comprehensive Guide to SUP Yoga. She has a teaching style of clear and concise anatomy based cueing, interwoven with the wisdom of Vedic philosophy and a spirit of devotion. Her classes cultivate a spirit of gratitude for the natural environment and respect for each yogi’s unique journey into self-inquiry.
After breaking her back in a surfing accident in 2012, Amelia realized that life is too short to do anything but what you love. She lives each day now by the Stoked Yogi mantra: Set your intention, then breathe it to life.
Surfing, paddling, and yoga are tools to realizing life’s deeper, divine purpose: to live each day to the fullest, embracing the present moment and exploring it’s infinite beauty. See more photos and other events by this presenter