Traditional Thai massage is an ancient healing system of tissue, muscle and joint mobilisations using pressing, stretching, turning and moving, which is performed while fully clothed. Thai massage includes much more than the traditional massage because it involves rhythmic acupressure, reflexology, energy work and stretching, a form of passive yoga.
Υou will learn the basic routine of this wonderful healing art from Thailand. At the end of the program, for which you need no prior knowledge, you will be able to safely conduct a whole body Thai massage. You will also be taught a special Yoga program as well as a self-massage program.
Contents of the seminar:
- Basics of Thai medicine, contraindications
- History, culture and background of Thai massage
- Special Hatha Yoga and Self Massage routine for Thai massage practitioners
- Important treatment principles and treatment techniques
- Treatment of feet and legs
- Treatment of stomach and chest
- Treatment of arms and back
- Head, face and neck treatment
- Practice of what we have learned by exchanging massages
- Repetition and summary, final treatment
A total of 50+ hours for which you will receive a certification of attendance.
Your retreat leader has a 15 years long teaching experience and is a 25 years long practitioner in both Qigong and Yoga. He is also a Thai massage therapist and teacher.
Tuition for the training alone (no accommodation):
US$ 770,- including all taxes
Seminar notes with pictures are included in price.
In selected seafront guesthouse rooms, hotels or at a well organised campsite.
If you let us know of your preferred budget to spend, we could direct you to the right venue. Your accommodation reservations are made by you, we simply suggest a venue or two.
"Out in the dark blue sea there lies a land called Crete, a rich and lovely land, washed by the waves on every side..."--- The Odyssey
Crete is perhaps the most famous travel destination of Greece, especially among those who seek the traditional side of the Greek culture. Offering a unique and diverse landscape, a chance to come close to the local customs, native people with authentic hospitality and the Cretan cuisine, famous world wide for its taste and health benefits, Crete is a "must to explore" for the conscious travellers of today.
Although globalisation, tourism and economic growth have inevitably changed the way of life in Crete, especially in the large urban centres, to a modern and cosmopolitan style, the Cretans still preserve the bonds with their rich folk traditions and cultural heritage. The Cretan dances are still danced at every opportunity and the "madinades" and the "rizitika" songs resound in every celebration. In the countryside many old Cretan men and women wear the traditional costume and the Cretan idiom is widely spoken even in the large cities.
There is an exceptional artistic production in traditional sectors such as pottery, embroidery, jewellery etc and of course the very special Cretan Music. Arts and literature had always played a significant role in the life of the Cretan people. Famous painters like El Greco, Michael Damaskinos, writers like Nikos Kazantzakis, poets like Vincenzos Kornaros and Odysseas Elitis, composers like Mikis Theodorakis, Manos Hatzidakis and Giannis Markopoulos are Cretans or of Cretan origin. Today there are many important Cretans with significant contribution in all aspects of the cultural life in Greece.
Extra virgin olive oil, legumes and vegetables still constitute the base of the local cuisine as they have done for thousands of years and make the Cretan cuisine renowned worldwide for its benefits on longevity and good health.
The climate in Crete is temperate. The atmosphere can be quite humid, depending on the proximity to the sea. The winter is fairly mild and tolerable. Snow fall is practically unknown to the plains, but quite frequent in the mountains. During summer though, average temperatures are high. Probably the best time for a traveller to visit Crete is spring and autumn.
We invite you to attend our extra intensive and compact SUMMER THAI MASSAGE TRAINING on the island of Crete in Greece.
: Yannis Sampsonidis
I was born in Thessaloniki, Greece, in 1968.
During my university studies on Civil Engineering, I was blessed to discover the Eastern Internal Martial Arts.
From 1990 to 1999 I have intensively studied Master Mantak Chia's Universal Healing Tao System. After this long training, I have decided I want to live and work as a teacher and therapist and not as an engineer, so I committed myself to the path of spirituality and healing.
Today, as a certified instructor of the Universal Healing Tao System, I teach Conscious Breathing, Healing Sounds, Chinese Yoga, Qi Gong and Meditation.
I am also a certified Thai Massage practitioner, certified by the Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai, Thailand, and a 300h certified Hatha Yoga instructor by the Lotos Yoga Academy, one of the oldest Yoga Alliance certified schools in Greece.
I continue my studies both in Thai Massage and Hatha Yoga.
I volunteer to my community by offering free or basic-cost yoga and qigong classes, mostly to children with special needs and to older people.
I keep my passion for the preservation of the natural environment and wildlife alive by being an active member/supporter of various NGOs in Greece and worldwide, like: ALKIONI, ARCHELON, AVAAZ.
On top of that I have founded the not-for-profit corporation Hellenic Tao, that has soon grown to a vivid network of volunteers, supporting members, social enterprises and socially responsible companies, all sharing the same vision: To promote the Greek authentic culture, protect the environment, support local sustainability projects or initiatives and generally inspire towards a more conscious and holistic way of life.
Finally, I wish to add that I have become a pescetarian (one who eats fish-meat only) after my introduction to the inspiring Meatrix and Earthlinks documentaries. These are highly suggested to watch, but only if you feel ready inside for the ..change.
A complete list of my honored teachers follows. I thank them all from the bottom of my heart!
- Master Wang Ting Yun - Medical Qi Gong for the spine
- Master Wen Mei Yu - Soaring Crane Qi Gong
- Master Alex Dong - Yang Tai Chi Chuan
- Dr. Gaspar Garcia - 8 Jewels Qi Gong
- Dr. Ho - Traditional Chinese Medicine & Ear Acupuncture
- Dr. George Pappas - Tai Chi Qi Gong & Daoist Meditation
- Dr. George Aggelinakis - Bio energy Balancing
- Moscha Skodra - Shiatsu
- George Tsirakidis - Thai Massage
- Spyros Peristeris - Thai Massage
- TMC-Thai Massage School - Thai Massage
- Sunshine Massage School - Thai Massage
- Master Duan Zhi Liang - Wu Ji Qi Gong
- Master Tew Bunnag - Bodhisattva virtues and Tai Chi Chuan
- S.N.Goenka and assistants – Vipassana meditation in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
- Dr. Kyriakos Zografos - Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture
- Linda Kapetaniou Lotus Academy - Hatha Yoga, Sotai Yoga
- Andrzej Kalisz - Zhan Zhuang Qi Gong
- Panayotis Derventis - Daoyin Yangsheng Gong
- Biff Mithoefer – Yin Yoga
- Robert Krzisnik & Marjeta Novak – The Transformational Power of Nonviolent Communication
- Liu Jianshe – Zhineng Qigong
- Master Juan Li – Thibetan meditation to transform emotions and beliefs
- Irene Norberg – “Touch for Health 1″ (International Kinesiology College)
- Monroe Institute – Hemi-Sync
- Elias Koumpounis – Laughter Wellness
- Oriental Medicine & Shiatsu Training Centre – Sotai Corrective Bodywork
Come and join one of my retreats! As a teacher, I share with all my heart what I have learned in life so far and as a group leader I make sure you enjoy a well-coordinated itinerary.
Namaste!See more photos and other events by this presenter