The Soul Sanctuary Retreat & Bali Experience
6 Days ~ 5 NightsSeptember 1st-6th, 2014
This very special retreat is designed to nourish, recharge and heal your mind, body and spirit, holistically. Combining ancient Balinese wisdom with modern convenience and luxury, our Bali retreat provides a safe place for relaxation, personal enrichment and wellness.
Your instructor will be Floating Leaf’s Head Yoga Instructor, Pak Eka Sukma Putra. Pak Eka is a native Balinese and comes from our own village of Sukawati. Pak Eka teaches yoga with grace, humor and a deep knowledge of the tradition and healing power of Yoga.
Pak Eka’s aim is to restore harmony and wellness through a three-fold path of physical, mental and spiritual practices. His style is rooted in Hatha Yoga, traditional Balinese healing, and Pranayama. He is approachable, gentle and a gifted healer. In addition to traditional methods of Balinese healing and wellness, Eka is also a Certified Mind Healer (Ambar Institute).
Despite being the first son in a family of respected healers and teachers including I Nyoman Rajem and Ni Wyan Sariasih, Eka did not fully commit to yoga right away. Decades ago, Eka developed some health problems. His spiritual leader advised him to adopt the practice of Yoga more seriously. Diligently, and with conviction, he practiced Yoga, meditation, self-healing and fire walking with Made Suambara (Ambar Ashram). His life was transformed, he was healthy, inspired and dedicated to helping others.Meals:
Award winning healthy meals at Floating Leaf consist of high quality, high prana ingredients which are organic and permaculture grown whenever possible. Many from our own on-site organic permaculture garden. For more on our meals, please seehttp://balifloatingleaf.com/healthiest-destinations-culinary-getaway/
“Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat is one of the Healthiest Destinations for a Culinary Getaway. A serene, zen experience with yoga, an indoor and outdoor spa, and an adjacent organic permaculture farm, Floating Leaf is dedicated to healthy nutrition interspersed with the tranquility of a sustainable retreat. Cooking classes provide guests with a glimpse into ancient traditions, as the owners are descendants from a family of chefs who are practiced in the art of perfecting traditional recipes for generations.” ~ USA Today
Kindly have a look at our photo galleries to give you a better idea of what you may see on your Soul Sanctuary Retreat.http://balifloatingleaf.com/bali-photo-gallery/Day 1
- Arrive at Ngurah Rai Int’l Airport. Floating Leaf staff will stand by at the Airport to welcome participants, provide a cold drink, refreshing face towel and escort to our waiting vehicle. Airport pick up included
- Drive directly to Floating Leaf. We suggest people who arrive earlier that day to enjoy the pool, relax, and get massage at the spa. They can also be shuttled to and from Sanur as well.
- Dinner at Floating Leaf (inclusive)
- Evening Informal talk about Bali and wellness. Eka, Putu and Mikaku will provide an overview of what we’ll experience in Bali, offering some helpful tips on culture, religion, manners and customs, currency, as well as some basic Indonesian phrases. Eka will explain the healing yogic journey we will undertake and answer any questions you may have.
- Morning Hatha Flow Yoga (2 hours)
- Spa Treatment of the Day (Please refer to our spa menu)
- Evening Laughter Yoga and Chanting Meditation
- Welcome Dinner Celebration with traditional bamboo gamelon at Floating Leaf (inclusive).
- Yoga and Meditation on the beach
- Bali Farmers Life (Introducing the process of rice farming in our village ending with fresh coconut drink)
- Evening restorative Yoga
- Yoga and Meditation
- Purification ceremony at Tampak Siring Holy Spring Temple
- Free afternoon to enjoy Ubud, have lunch and dinner, and watch a dance performance. Suggestion to visit to the Sacred Monkey Forest, Arma Museum, lunch at Clear Café. Ubud’s shopping is legendary, with hundreds of boutiques offering handicrafts, sterling silver jewelry, clothing, home wares and much more. In the late afternoon and evening there will be plenty of time to explore the small shops and studios of Ubud, which is renowned as the art and culture center of Bali.
- Return to Floating leaf
- Yoga and Meditation
- Cooking Class. Learn to prepare healthy delicious Balinese food.
- Spa Treatment
- Evening Yoga and Chanting
- Farewell Dinner Celebration with Gamelan and dancing- at Floating Leaf
- Breakfast, relax, packing, drop off to Airport
- Possible last massage or farewell consultation with Pak Eka
Some activities are dependent upon the Balinese cultural calendar. We will likely alter our itinerary for various reasons such as special cultural events like a Balinese Hindu Cremation Ceremony, Holiday or Temple Ceremony (Odalan).
We can also accommodate individuals with a special desire to take a class from a master artist (painter, carver, Batik, dancer, etc.), have a private session with a Balian (traditional Balinese healer), meet with an expert, visit a special location, etc. Please email before arrival so that we can secure all arrangements for you. Additional costs may apply.What is Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat?
Floating Leaf is proud to be a true eco friendly hotel. We deeply care for the environment, the local community, and preserving the unique Balinese heritage. Our mission is to be exemplary model for sustainable living without sacrificing luxury, style, function, design or technology.
Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat is in Sukawati, Bali by one of the best surf breaks on the island, Keramas Beach. The center features… (click the green links for more information)
- Deluxe Eco-Luxury villa bedrooms with en-suite bathroom
- “The Sanctuary”. A 2000 ft² green yoga studio/classroom with dramatic ocean and volcano views
- Two Balinese Spas
- The Ultimate Relaxation Pool with waterfalls and meditation areas
- Health Cafe featuring organic locally grown food prepared by your private chef
- Organic permaculture garden
- 5-Star service and high quality organic toiletries
Kindly browse our site for much more information.Day of Service, Donations and Community Outreach
*** We encourage participants to use any extra space in their luggage to include donations such as clothing (babies, children and adult sizes), medical supplies, household goods and cooking supplies, toys and art supplies for the children. If enough donations are collected, we may be able to plan a donation event where our participants can meet and give their gifts directly to those in need. These are always meaningful and emotional events. For more information please see http://balifloatingleaf.com/bali-community-outreachWhat is included:
- Deluxe eco-hotel accommodation
- Airport pick-up and drop off
- Use of yoga hall and property grounds per itinerary
- All meals starting with dinner on day 1 (except while in Ubud) including Welcome Dinner Celebration and Farewell Dinner Celebration
- Transportation as listed on itinerary
- Cooking class including lunch
- Guide fee, gas, tolls, and driver per itinerary
- Travel tips, checklists, packing lists, Bali Handbook, etc.
- Free High-Speed Wireless Internet
- In-room safe/lock box
- Dietary restrictions such as allergies and anaphylaxis can be accommodated for as long as the request is made at least one month prior to arrival.
- Filtered drinking water, tea and coffee will be served free of charge during meals. At other times tea and coffee pots will be $3 and water in a bottle ($1) or a reusable container ($.50)
Ala carte meals, specialty coffee drinks, alcohol, fresh fruit and vegetable juices, smoothies and more will also be available for an additional charge.Not included, but available for purchase at Floating Leaf
- Full spa services including exclusive treatments, massages, facial, manicure, pedicure and more. For additional information please see http://balifloatingleaf.com/spa
- Snacks and additional meals
- The coldest and best beer on the island (Bintang Slushies)
- Wine and alcohol
- Cappuccino, macchiato, latte and other premium coffee drinks
- Healthy fresh juices, elixirs, smoothies and more.
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Visa on arrival (~$25)
- Airport Exit Tax (~$18)
- Personal shopping expenses
- Government taxes
- Service charge
Our terms and conditions can be located here~ http://balifloatingleaf.com/bali-terms-conditionsThis retreat is now open for registration. Only a select limited number of rooms are still available. Contact us directlytoday to reserve your spot on this transformational retreat in Bali.
Your payment of the deposit confirms that you have read and understand the terms and conditions and agree to abide by them. For your convenience, again our complete terms and conditions can be located here