Are you on the path to creating the "someday" life you've always dreamed of? If not, or you're not quite sure, join us in breathtaking Carmel-By-the-Sea California Nov.3-6, 2016.
You'll gain the tools and techniques to get “un-stuck,” crystal clear, and find the time to GET MORE OUT of YOUR LIFE!
I’ve just launched my book– Practical Bliss: The Busy Person’s Guide to Happiness, and to kick off the book’s launch I’m holding a very special renewal weekend retreat in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
Sometimes we need to stop (or even step back) before we move forward. For hundreds of years the practice of retreat has been valued across wisdom traditions as a time to pause, take inner care, and reawaken our deepest knowing.
Join me and a small group of like minded bliss-seekers for a relaxing, positive energy retreat that allows you time to ponder what real happiness is and to tune back in to your inner compass. Carmel-By-the-Sea offers the beauty and relaxed calm that allows you to unwind, unplug, relax, and reconnect to what is of true value in your life.
Q. Who is the retreat for? What will I gain from coming?
A. This Getaway is for YOU – a successful, joy-seeking, fun-loving person who wants to slow down a little, enjoy what you’ve earned, and reduce STRESS in every area of your life – while STILL being a dynamo in your personal and professional life!
A. This Getaway is for YOU - if you like relaxing retreats AND you want research-based tips to take your bliss back to your everyday life. Carmel is simply gorgeous! It’s breathtaking, relaxing and oh so peaceful . . . I think you'll love it just as much as I do!
You Will Walk Away From This Weekend With . . .
- More PURPOSE: A clear understanding of what really matters to you
- Reduced STRESS: Proven strategies to eliminate “Optional Stress”(yes, you have some) & practical strategies to manage “Mandatory Stress”
- A New Perspective: Science-backed solutions to build your staminaso that you can be more effective in every role you play
- Practical TOOLS to help you take back your bliss when you return to your everyday life
- Discover your passion and learn how to tune-in and add more joy and meaning to your everyday life!
Q. Will I actually have an opportunity to see the sites or will I be stuck in a classroom?
A. Yes-you'll definitely see the sites! In fact, our “classroom” will be extended to sessions on one of the most beautiful beaches in the country, fireside chats by moonlight, and while enjoying a wine and cheese picnic in the garden. If this sounds blissful to you, THIS Getaway is for YOU!
Q. This all sounds great, but will I gain information that I can actually apply when I get home?
A. Yes! If you want to learn proven and practical secrets to creating a more meaningful, productive, and pleasurable life, THIS Getaway is for YOU! Additionally, you'll have plenty of opportunities to complete individual and group exercises to help you apply the teachings to your specific lifestyle. You'll even benefit from a session to help you overcome anxiety, conducted by certified hypnotherapist!
Q. Will I have anything in common with the people that are going on the retreat?
A. This program is based on the principals of positive psychology (the scientific study of happiness), so if you're looking to surround yourself in an environment of positive minded people, this is the place to be.
If you want to meet and enjoy quality time with great people, shopping and dining in picturesque Carmel, and taking a break from it all in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, THIS Getaway if for YOU! In fact, you may even find yourself building relationships that continue long after the retreat that contribute to your new Life in Bliss!
Q. Where is the retreat being held? Will I be able to stay there?
A. Yes - but only if you act quickly! As I searched for the perfect spot to get away from it all and focus on self-care and mindful exercises, Carmel jumped into my mind and wouldn’t let me rest until I found one of the most secluded, inviting and beautiful boutique bed and breakfast inns to host our retreat. The Happy Landing Inn is one of Carmel’s “Inns of Distinction” and features only seven private cottages that are perfect for you (and a friend if you choose) to relax, rejuvenate, and create memories and habits to change your life.
Agenda for the retreat (subject to changes):
Informal meet & greet, wine and cheese
Welcome & logistics
Opening Session Topics:
- What is “Bliss” and how will it benefit you?
- Not Another Airy-Fairytale: Breaking through the myths about living a positive lifestyle in a practical world
- Bliss and your brain, body, and overall wellbeing
- The business case for bliss-how can your professional life benefit from bliss?
7:00p Informal post-session mingle
Friday 9:30a - evening (breaks and sessions will be included throughout the day and evening to allow time to explore Carmel and/or quiet self-reflection.)
Session Topics Include:
- Review of participant initial notions of living “in bliss” (establish a platform and define obstacles to overcome)
- Self-Centering for Sustainability:
- The basics of wellbeing (what is it and how do we create and maintain it?)
- Self-care and self-compassion
- Setting your own expectations
- Give without giving yourself away
- Savoring luncheon in the garden. (We'll practice mindfulness as we enjoy a healthy and flavorful lunch, including wine and dessert, session)
- Mindfulness, self-reflection, and self-centering
- Group Exercise: From Stress to Success in 4 Easy Steps (how to identify and eliminate the stressors that hinder your success)
- Pair-ups and self-reflection time
- Purpose, Passion and Going with the Flow – topic introduction & preparation for following day
- Evening session on the beach (weather permitting)
- Exploring your inner strength and wisdom
Saturday 9:30a - evening (breaks and sessions will be included throughout the day and evening to allow time to explore Carmel and/or quiet self-reflection.)
Session Topics Include:
- Purpose, Passion and Going with the Flow – Jumping in!
- Pain-free purpose exploration: uncovering clues and connecting the dots
- The price of perfection (are you willing to go on paying?)
- Listening to your soul and your ego and bridging the gap
- Understanding passion and flow & avoiding he “hedonic hamster wheel”
- Group discussion
- Purpose self-reflection
- Lunch - free time to explore Carmel or self-reflection
- The Fear of Happiness: The Four Themes That May Have You Psychologically Frozen
- Designing your version of a bliss life
- Pairups-defining and designing obstacles and personal strategies for success
- Why change is possible – the science of our mindset and understanding alternative pathways and possibilities
- Group discussion: Which practical tips and tools will you put into use – immediately?
- Evening session by the outdoor fireplace (weather permitting)
- Maintaining your motivation – closing ceremony
- Homework and additional resources to be given
This Retreat Also Includes:
A complimentary copy of my new book, Practical Bliss: The Busy Person's Guide to Happiness, to give you a head start on some of the content––so you can relax and make the most of your time in the retreat!
A welcome reception and opening night session on Thursday evening, (appetizers and wine included). Meet your co-participants and future friends!
Breakfast daily, plush robes, and complementary wifi (for all participants staying at the retreat site, Happy Landing Inn)
A picnic lunch to stimulate your senses and help you engage in mindful eating and savoring. Our picnic includes wine, a tasty light lunch, and delicious desserts!
Plenty of rest, relaxation, shopping, dining, and bonding time!
A bonus "farewell" retreat session on Sunday morning, for all participants staying at the Happy Landing Inn.
- Tips, tools, and resources to support you as you take you bliss back to your everyday life!
This retreat will surround you in bliss, infuse you w/ new energy, and give you practical tools and support to change your life and start living your dream!
: Lisa Broesch-Weeks
Lisa Broesch-Weeks is a speaker, author, coach, and consultant who works with individuals and organizations to show them how to stop working so hard for everyone else––while helping them become more productive, energized, and satisfied with their personal and professional lives. Speaking and entertaining since age eighteen, Lisa's twenty-five years “in the trenches” took her from Fortune 500 corporate executive to entrepreneur. The experience and insight she gained from working as an exec in such a large organization helped Lisa to see the overwhelming need for self-care and personal development that so many busy, over-achieving women (and men) tend to sacrifice in the name of success. Author of the book, Practical Bliss: The Busy Person’s Guide to Happiness, Lisa uses proven science-based strategies and takes clients and audiences on an engaging, interactive and entertaining journey to: • Define what really matters • Reignite passion • Eliminate everyday stressors that block your success • Help you become struggle free and on the road to bliss! As a speaker and consultant, Lisa has spoken across the nation to thousands of men and women, within dozens of industries, to help them learn the keys to creating a more energized, harmonious, and creative life that contains more joy, meaning and engagement. In addition to her work with individuals, she regularly conducts workshops, retreats, group coaching, training, and executive coaching sessions to create the conditions to improve the personal and professional lives of her clients. Lisa holds multiple certifications in personal and group coaching, and a certification in applied positive psychology (the scientific study of happiness) from the Flourishing Center.See more photos and other events by this presenter