Samasati Retreat and Rainforest Sanctuary
American Way magazine called it a ” Jungle Gem”. This Hotel sits in the heart of a 250 acres Conservation Project & Biological Reserve. Overlooking the Caribbean and some of the best beaches of Central America, Samasati has been a pioneer of Sustainable Tourism as well as one of the first Yoga lovers destination in Costa Rica.
Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary hosts world class guest artists year round to share their gifts, crafts, practice and wisdom. In addition, retreat groups flock to the mountain perch above the sea for the perfect combination of nature, class space, attentive staff and on and off site excursions. Check out the web site for offerings that range from yoga to writing to mandala art creation.
An ideal destination for couples, families, solo travelers or groups, Samasati's amenities include rainforest casitas or guest houses, hiking trails, waterfall with natural swimming pool, gourmet vegetarian buffet meals served in an open air restaurant, daily yoga and meditation, shuttle to Puerto Viejo and beach, spa treatments including massage, thai yoga, cacao body scrubs and more!
Experience a rejuvenating retreat in Costa Rica where you evolve your practice through play and pura vida! This playshop offers opportunity to expand and discover through standup paddleboard yoga on the South Caribbean Sea, acro yoga and yoga in open air jungle studios and sunrise meditations overlooking the rainforest. Classes are encouraged but optional, so do what you feel, play hard, explore town, find a trail, hit the beach or hang out in the hot tub or hammock. This retreat is your time to restore and reconnect. In addition to yoga playshops, your week includes one night accommodation in San Jose, transportation from airport to hotel, from hotel to Samasati and from Samasati back to San Jose, a guided hike of the Samasati BioReserve, a vegetarian cooking class, shuttle service to town and the beach, Samasati accommodation immersed in the healing beauty of nature, three delicious vegetarian buffet meals a day, homemade dessert and unlimited Costa Rican tea and coffee. Adventure or cultural tours like zip-lining or visiting a shaman, spa treatments, massages and fish with dinner are optional. Travel with friends or come alone and make connections that last a lifetime. Book now and reserve your space in paradise! Sample Daily Schedule:
- Wake up to the sounds of the rainforest coming to life
- Attend sunrise meditation and catch first light over the jungle
- Compare notes on wildlife spotted over fresh hot breakfast buffet
- Catch the shuttle to Standup Paddleboard Jungle River tour
- Standup paddleboard yoga on the river or calm Caribbean sea
- Lunch on the beach and shuttle back to Samasati
- Free time for hammock naps or a massage
- Candlelit yoga or acro yoga in the studio serenaded by jungle nightlife
- Celebrate the day over gourmet dinner buffet, indulge in dessert or a glass or wine
- Hit the hay or hit the hot tub, see you tomorrow
- Shuttle from San Jose airport to Adventure Inn hotel
- One night stay at Adventure Inn with buffet breakfast
- Transportation from San Jose to Samasati
- Transportation from Samasati back to San Jose
- 6 nights accommodation at Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary
- 3 delicious vegetarian buffet meals everyday + homemade dessert
- Unlimited Costa Rican coffee and tea
- Daily shuttle service from Samasati to town of Puerto Viejo
- Wifi access (limited area)
- Vegetarian Cooking Class
- Guided hike of Primary Rainforest Bio Reserve
- Greenwater SUP tour of Punta Uva River
- On site hiking trails, waterfall and hot tub
- Daily meditation, sup yoga, acro yoga and yoga
- Farewell Dinner Party
Experience a rejuvenating retreat in Costa Rica where you evolve your practice through paddleboard yoga, acro yoga, play and pura vida!
: Riyaana Hartley
Riyaana Hartley travels the world teaching yoga and providing mindful marketing for like minded individuals and organizations. She teaches Prana Flow vinyasa and SUP yoga, she’s the founder of Divine Yoga and Vinyl Vinyasa and produces events to bridge community and service. Originally from Cape Town, South Africa, Riyaana realized the power of yoga as movement medicine while studying breakdancing and advertising at the University of Florida. She later left her career in advertising and began studying yoga with Shiva Rea. Riyaana teaches with joy and curiosity, inspired by the mysteries and dance of life and our bodies. Her intention is to create a space for students to discover peace, self love and clarity in their practice.See more photos and other events by this presenter