This Transform Your Relationship with Food & Yoga Retreat for Women , name speaks for itself. It’s a life changing 7 night / 8 day experience, where you’ll rewrite your food story and embrace your infinite journey of self love and self care.
Are you ready to move on from eating patterns that don’t serve you any more – binge eating, overeating, emotional eating or any other food challenges? Are you exhausted of yo-yo diet cycle and want to get rid of the diet mentality once and for all? Do you have poor body image, lack of self confidence and self care? Do you feel you need support and like-minded people around to enhance your transformational journey?
The key secret to eat intuitively is to be fully aware & connected to your body’s wisdom.
Everything is connected – every thought, action, feeling… we can’t approach one without the other, therefore, the healing has to be whole – Mind, Body & Spirit.
By integrating our inherent wholeness we will access the intelligent energy that holds our inner power and wisdom, our confidence, our unlimited love.
The combination of yoga & meditation will teach us the patience & respect our abilities. It will teach us how the process of daily practise brings inevitable, positive results, we’ll learn to not give up, we’ll learn to trust ourselves.
Through Psychology of Eating group sessions we’ll open up a new world of self acceptance & embrace the food challenges that are there to teach us.
The beautiful setting on a tropical island & the sounds of swaying palm trees will let you step back from day to day responsibilities & worries. The lush gardens & pools, hidden hammock areas, the pathway to the close by ocean & white sand beaches will provide you the space and time to process the transformation you are going through.
The beautiful surroundings, the fun activities and adventures will bring more laughter, joy and excitement in your life.
Wherever you are in your path, this retreat will guide you a few more steps deeper to delve into the wisdom within.
We have gathered a team of caring people who will support you through the process fully understanding what you are going through.
You’ll receive a set of tools and skills, confidence and support to continue your transformation journey long after the retreat.
We will be practising yoga which, above all, has kindness at its heart. The style of practice is safe, non-judgmental, accessible to all ages and abilities and allows for modifications for injuries or lack of flexibility. It will be fun, kind to the body and beneficial. Through mindfulness meditation we will try to find some peace and quiet and if not, simply some relaxation. In terms of the style, it is formally known as Ashtanga (the traditional poses which you will probably recognise) but with a good dose of Yin (slow, gentle restorative yoga) thrown in.
For those who choose private sessions, we will practice whatever kind of yoga is most beneficial for you that day. The practice is closely tailored to the participant(s), their body and their emotions.
Facilitated by certified & amazing coach Jenna Abernathy.
“JourneyDance is a dynamic conscious dance form that combines freestyle and structured movement to inspire you to get out of your mind and into your body. Quote from official Journey Dance website.
Psychology of Eating
Awaken your body’s innate wisdom to be nourished with an intimate group of like minded women. Using the principles of relaxation and pleasure we will embody the skills to reset your metabolism. Learn what it means to truly nourish yourself with healthy food, guided eating meditations, cutting edge mind body nutrition techniques, yoga, journeydance, beach time, and plenty of personal time to journal and take it all in.
During our delicious time together you can expect to
- Transform your relationship with food with cutting edge Mind Body Nutrition techniques.
- Discover beliefs that are holding you back and rewire your brain for true nourishment.
- Learn practical ways to break the trance of overeating.
- Enjoy silent breakfasts, guided eating meditations at lunch and relaxed dinners connecting with like minded women.
- Learn to trust your real hunger.
- Incorporate cutting edge Dynamic Eating Psychology nutrition techniques
- Discover the hidden wisdom in your cravings
- Tap into the power of your “Inner Food Rebel”
- Use pleasure to change your calorie burning metabolism
- Integrate the art of sensual eating and savoring
- Rewrite your food story.
- Get out of your head and into your body with JourneyDance
- Find your radiant glow again
- Use the power of “the wild feminine” to balance out cravings
- Explore what your sensual self has to do with your relationship to food
The meals will be designed by our professional chef to nourish our body and satisfy our taste buds.
The meals can be adjusted to any food allergies, intolerance or moral reasons. Please inform us before.
*Please let us know if you would like to pre-book any of the activities or treatments.
- SUP Yoga
- Massages ( Deep Tissue, Thai, Relaxing )
- Pedicure / Manicure
- Facial Treatments
- 7 nights accommodation
- transfer from and to Puerto Plata airport ( please let us know if you arrive in a different airport)
- all meals at the retreat center
- Daily 1.15 hr yoga and meditation session
- 5 daily 3hr Psychology of Eating sessions
- 3 Guided mindful eating practises at lunch
- Unlimited filtered water at the retreat center
- Use of yoga studio and amenities
- Trip to Laguna Dudu and entrance fee
- Trip to either – Waterfalls and entrance fee or Kayaking
- 1 Round Trip trip to town (dinner out in town night)
- Journey Dance & Release Ceremony
- Visa or Tourist Card
- transfer from Santiago or Santo Domingo airport
- personal expenses
- dinner in town
- lunch at Laguna Dudu
- optional treatments and activities
Move on from eating patterns that don’t serve you any more, rewrite your food story and embrace your infinite journey of self love and self care.
Jenna Abernathy is a Certified Eating Psychology Coach who is passionate about inspiring each woman she works with to love her body, trust her hunger, and honor her true desires. Her coaching practice “Divine Hunger” is grounded in the firm belief that every unwanted food and body symptom bears a secret gift–to help us evolve. Finding harmony through her own stormy restrictive eating and binging past is her fuel for supporting others struggling with weight and body issues. Her calling focuses on helping her clients empower themselves to live a more joyful and nourishing life. Jenna has worked with hundreds of women since 2000 leading workshops, trainings, and classes in embodiment. Some of the classes she has created are; “Sensual Shapeshift”, “Creative Hunger”, “Stories In The Body” “How Pleasure Affects Your Metabolism”, and “Women, Food and Astrology”. Jenna was a residential workshop leader at the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, NY in 2015. She has also taught in Germany, Colorado, New England, the Pacific NW, and multiple online courses. Jenna’s clients are worldwide and range from their 20s to 70s. She has had the great pleasure of witnessing a myriad of women turn their deepest frustration into gratitude. A lifelong learner, Jenna brings many other tools into her sessions for a deeper healing experience such as Nutritional Counseling, Somatic Psychotherapy, Symptom Dialogue and Astrology. Jenna is also a certified Journey Dance Guide, Kripalu Yoga Teacher, and Bodyworker. Jenna draws most strongly from her own daily practice of Vipassana meditation.See more photos and other events by this presenter
See more photos and other events by this presenter