Chandra Yoga International Yoga CenterOur Yoga Center is located in the foothills of the beautiful Himalayan mountains in the Tapovan Area of Rishikesh, India. See more events in this venue
The 200 hrs yoga teacher training will prepare you to start teaching with confidence, helping others learn about yoga, through your own experience and voice. Also it is an opportunity for all. Our popular 200 hour yoga teacher training program is designed to provide the basic foundation for yoga practice and teaching. We accept all experience levels, as we believe that yoga is a practice that can be taught and practiced by all people. The curriculum includes yogic history, philosophy, and practices presented at a basic level for general understanding. The course includes in class hours, self-study, verbal tests, and teaching practicum. During this course the student will learn the basics of yogasana, pranayama, and meditation. Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra will be discussed and referred as the foundational text of this course. Students will learn about the business of yoga, teaching methodology, observing, correcting, sequencing, ethics, and how to be an effective yoga teacher. It is a 4 week, residential program and all classes are held on site. During the course we will also discuss Bandhas, Mudras, Kriyas, Anatomy, Adjustment, Alignment, and Mantra Chanting. Upon completion of the program, the participant will be eligible to apply as a 200 Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance. These credentials set the candidate high above the rest, as there is a specific curriculum which must be adhered too, creating the most well-rounded and prepared yoga teachers available.
Syllabus of 200 hrs Study:
- Teaching Methodology of different styles of yoga - Patanjali Ashtanga, Traditional & Classical Hatha, Vinyasa, Shivananda etc.
- Method, principle, sequencing, adjusting, benefits and cautions of Yoga postures.
- Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Bandhas (Yogic locks)
- Yogic Shatkarmas / Kriyaa (cleansing techniques).
- Learning to teach yoga classes for beginners, intermediate and advanced levels students.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Physical, mental and spiritual benefits of yoga
- Basic Ayurveda, nutrition and the yogic diet.
- Introduction to chakras, nadis & mudras
- Mantra chanting and meditation
- Yoga philosophy (eight Limbs of Ashtanga-yoga) with Patanjali Yoga Sutra
- Yogic life style
- Teaching practicum
- Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Private room with attached bathroom
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day
- Yogi tea 3-4 times per day
- 2 Ayurvedic massages
- Shatkarma Kit (for cleansing techniques)
- Yoga course materials (yoga books, notebook, etc)
- One day local tour