Durga's Tiger School for Tantra Yoga Shamanism
Yoga School in the Andes. We are very close to the Ilaló natural park and close to Quito, Ecuador. (45 min - 1 hr. by bus & 20 min. by car or taxi). Many come to this mountain to hike and observe the natural beauty of the mountain.
We are very involved with the local community and our space is ambient and peaceful, a nice place to take a break and focus. We offer a wide range of services and programs such as:
- Yoga classes of: Tantra, Ashtanga, Intregral, Hatha & Kundalini
- Classes in Chi Gong & Tai Chi
- Reflexology & Shiatsu massage
- Thai Yoga Massage
- Bach Flower Essence therapies
- Tarot readings
- Shamanic healing & Andean retreats
- Private language instruction
- Amazon toursSee more events in this venue
You can participate for 7, 14 or 21 days, arrival every monday
Through the work with Yoga, Meditation, Mindfull Nutrition, Pranayama, Art and Shamanism we created a program in which you will flow though a process of emotional and physical detox.
You will leave an experience of deep healing and transformation by purifying your body and mind and unifying with the spirit.
The art of healing through food
Discover a new way of eating with an Alkaline and anti-inflammatory nutrition, learn to apply detoxification practices, learn hands-on how to make delicious vegan and raw food tasty dishes, discover a new way to relate with food and your own body.
We will explore the power of self-healing with local products, plenty of vegetables, fruits and medicinal plants.
The main focus of the course is in Mindful Nutrition and Detox with yoga and pranayama techniques to complete the proces of cleansing.
The yoga techniques we focus are Tantra Yoga and Kundalini Yoga, which are specifically helpfull in cleansing processes thanks to the relaxation and the meditation in movement.
In Tantra Yoga, pratictioners learn the feeling of flowing into the asanas without struggle, developing a deep form of a deep Yoga Meditation.
This technique is completed by the practice of bandhas, pranayama, the mantra chanting, sitting meditation and Kundalini Yoga kriyas.
Through the Tantra teachings students also learn about the energetic exchange between Shiva and Shakti, the two polarities, and how to integrate sexual energy into their yoga exploration.
Participants will have the opportunity to participate in the following activities as a compliment of their retreat
- Termazcal The Purification Lodge – In this ancient shamanic ceremony reconnect with nature, spirit and your centered self. It helps you to leave a lot of old weight behind you and you open the door with your other yogis to new experiences.
- Expressive arts of the being workshops where through the dance, the voice work, body expression, clowning and theatre techniques, students, will explore themselves and experience the liberation of emotions which is part of the Tantra philosophy
- Each student will receive a Limpia (energy cleansing) a cleansing ritual made with local medicinal plants, made by a native healer woman from our mountain, the Ilaló
- Massage workshops – where you will learn about ayurvedic foot massage (related with the tantra yoga practice), reflexology or a basic abyanga massage from the Ayurveda medicine.
- Partner Yoga – a gentle way to deep more in the tantra yoga asanas. Working with a partner helps us to get in contact with the other person using all senses and feeling supported in the practice. It helps to develop trust in the other person and work opening your heart.
The daily schedule
Morning meditation /movement /yoga
Morning session of theory and / or practical learning (hands on kitchen, learn recipes)
Lunch and afternoon break
Afternoon session of theory / practical learning / workshop
Mantra chanting, dancing or special arts events. (once or twice per week)
Yoga exploration laboratories where students discover other yoga techniques
Work with a shaman and medicinal plants of the Jungle or the Andes
Day trips to hot springs, the mountains and waterfalls or to Otavalo Market etc.
Through the work with Yoga, Meditation, Mindfull Nutrition, Pranayama, Art and Shamanism you will flow though a process of emotional and physical detox.