Finish off your summer with a little balance. Join us for 10 days in paradise with daily yoga, swimming, sailing, snorkeling, and the best Mai Tais in the world.
Lots of fun extras like Full Moon Celebration and island-hopping. Explore the beaches of St. Thomas and the British Virgin Islands while you reset and indulge.
Includes lodging, food, and most activities. Flights NOT included.
August 13 - 21, 2016
Yoga & Mai Tais Retreat. Detox / Retox and island-hop through the Virgin Islands.
Helen Cloots, E-RYT, Founder Floating Yoga School
I eat chocolate pretty much every day, sing loudly in the car when no one's listening, and always feel the urge (and sometimes give in) to dance when I'm in a big open room.
If I had to do adulthood all over again and I couldn't be a yoga teacher or writer I would probably be a professional ballerina.
I'm still very much a kid at heart, I have the humor of a 14 year-old boy, and I love being outside. I function best when I'm moving a lot; my days off are mostly spent hiking, bike riding, swimming/paddleboarding when it's warm, doing yoga/pilates, catching up with friends, or taking naps (all that movement makes me tired).
I'm the middle of three sisters and I grew up in Southeast, Texas. Most of my extended family is in Belgium, and my sisters and I were lucky enough to spend a lot of our summer vacations with cousins in Europe. (My French is by no means perfect but I love any chance to practice!) I've lived in Houston, New York City, San Diego, and am really looking forward to taking the floating life to many more tropical locales.
Below are some of my "credentials." If you're ready for a yoga retreat or training and want to know if I'm a good fit for you, take some online classes with me, set up a skype date, or email me and we can chat more! (And it's totally okay if I'm not, I can help point you in the right direction.)
- Led / Co-led 12 yoga teacher trainings (Spirit Yoga, Balancing Wellness, San Diego Paddle Yoga, assistant for trainings at La Jolla Yoga Center & Akasha Yoga)
- Hosted retreats / workshops around the world
- Extensive experience in vinyasa, hatha, beginners' yoga, advanced yoga, corporate wellness & yoga, therapeutic yoga (depression & anxiety, drug & alcohol recovery), and chair yoga
- Reiki Level 1 Certified through Sharna Langlais 2016
- Certified Nutritional Consultant through Natural Healing Institute 2010
- 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher under Carolina Vivas, 2010; Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher 2012
- Workplace Wellness Consultant, WELCOA 2009
- Wellness Blogger, Balancing Wellness 2008 See more photos and other events by this presenter