Buenaventura Rainforest Retreat in Costa Rica
Buenaventura is a private retreat destination with a River-front Mountain Lodge & Eco-Village, Health & Wellness Rejuvenation Retreat & Learning Center, Eco-Adventure Wilderness Rainforest Park & Camp Grounds & Private Wildlife Reserve located in a pristine 'rainforest to river' valley within the greater Savegre River Valley of Costa Rica.
If Costa Rica has a Pandora, this is where you’ll find it! Buenaventura’s Old-Growth Tree Forest Park is home to La Ceiba Sagrada, a 200+ year old Sacred Ceiba "Avatar" Tree that greets and grounds our guests and visitors at Buenaventura. Start and end your visit and experience at Buenaventura by rooting your intensions at the base of La Ceiba Sagrada.
Nourish & Immerse yourself with home-grown organic meals, fresh spring mountain water and oxygen, rainforest eco-adventures, workshops and classes, simple living comforts and pure serenity for natural relaxation and rejuvenation.
Buenaventura welcomes groups, students, couples, families and individuals seeking a serene, private and off-the-map destination for eco-adventure activities, rainforest retreats, and to Live, Learn & Experience Costa Rica's local culture & language, organic foods & farming practices, and rural country living.
With over two miles of river-front and creek front property, Buenaventura's 160 acres of primary and secondary rainforest property are located along the north and south sides of the river, with 40% of the property within the southern border of the Los Santos Forest Reserve, an area north of Buenaventura with over 150,000 acres of protected primary and secondary Tropical Cloud Forests and Humid Rain Forests. Many endangered animals (like Jaguars, Tapirs, Sloths, etc.) and plant species live in this reserve located on the western valleys and foothills of the Talamanca Corridor. Guests and visitors explore and adventure around Buenaventura's Wilderness Rainforest Park and Wildlife Reserve on guided tours or on their own.
Buenaventura (and Three Seeds Eco-Education Rainforest Camp) are private and family-owned and operated vacation rentals and facilities. Groups and guest visitors are by invitation & reservation only. Our groups and guests have exclusive use of our rental and educational facilities with personal hospitality & eco-teaching services from our Tico-American bi-lingual and bi-cultural family & locally hired staff.See more events in this venue
Attention Costa Rica Friends and Envision Festival Attendees! Looking for something fun, nourishing and unique to do after Envision Festival?
You're invited to Buenaventura & Three Seeds for our Post-Envision Festival "ZenZu Eco-Adventure Rainforest Retreat & Jungle Party" taking place February 24th-27th, 2014!
Download a PDF with more information about the Post-Festival Rainforest Retreat here
POST-FESTIVAL RAINFOREST RETREAT INCLUDES
- Lodging or Tent Camping (2 or 3 nights)
- River-front Lodging or Tent Camping in Pueblo Nuevo Eco-Village along the banks of a fresh water river (big enough for rafting and kayaking)
- Orientation Tour of Buenaventura Grounds including Old-Growth Tree Forest Park (on February 24th)
- Orientation Tour of Three Seeds Eco-Education Rainforest Camp (Organic Farm/Restaurant) (on February 25th)
- Avatar Adventure Rainforest & Toucan Rock Waterfall Hiking Tour with Do-it-Yourself Full-Body Skin Exfoliations & Mud Baths with Blue & Orange Natural Clays from the rainforest (on February 26th)
- Organic Home Grown/Home Cooked Meals served Family Buffet style at Tres Semillas Mountain Restaurant & Organic Farm (located directly across the river from Buenaventura's Pueblo Nuevo Eco-Village - and you get to cross Puente Alma, our little version of the Golden Gate Bridge! 5 Meals for 2 Night Package and 8 Meals for 3 Night Package
- Morning & Evening Yoga Classes
- Visit and see Buenaventura’s 160-acre Eco-Adventure Park & Wildlife Reserve with campgrounds, hiking trails, waterfalls and swimming holes along the river. (on March 6th)
- ZenZu Jungle Party on February 25th at Posada de Sueños Dream Bar & Lounge with special guest DJs and performers (possibly some other DJs and performers from the festival), with Local Elixirs & Chicha Drinks
- Showing of River-front Rental Income Investment Properties for Sale in Buenaventura’s Pueblo Nuevo Eco-Village development and other properties for sale in the valley starting as low as $35k
- Learn how our guests and visitors help Three Seeds support and fund their Eco-Education Program (A Bilingual Language & Permaculture Learning Home-School for local and low-income kids and adults) and Buenaventura’s Give-Back Program donates 5% of its net profit to a local fund that’s used to award grants for improvements to our environment and natural resources, local neighboring schools, low-income family homes and community-used facilities (church, soccer field, salon)
- We are also encouraging guests to share a talent or gift (in the spirit of Burning Man), so if you are a DJ, fire dancer, artist, massage therapist, etc., we welcoming everyone to share one of their talents or gifts to make the experience more like the playa. :)
Lots of Free Activities including:
- Use of Yoga mats
- Use of River-front Ranchito & Hammocks
- Access to Buenaventura’s 160 acre Eco-Adventure Park & Wildlife Reserve
- Swimming in the River
- Additional Skin & Body Mud Baths (with Blue and Orange Natural Clay)
- Lots of open space to wander, meditate and truly immerse your soul in nature to cleanse and nourish your body, mind and spirit...
- Free to explore over 1 mile of river-front and 1,000 feet of elevation gain on hiking trails over rainforest covered mountains leading to Buenaventura's El Mirador Summit & Tent Camp and the greater area.
- Take a back-country and "back-in-time" hike downriver to the rural river-side town of El Brujo (The Wizard), where legend has it that when the Spanish tried to explore these lands back in the 1500s looking for gold from the Native Indians, they would get lost in the mountains.
- Free WiFi for those who need to stay connected to the outside world (Experience Jetsons in the Jungle - www.jetsonsinthejungle.com)