Camp Weed was founded in June of 1924 near St. Augustine Beach, Florida. The Diocese of Florida sponsored its first summer program with 40 children attending. The camp was named in 1925 for the late Rt. Rev. Edwin Gardner Weed, who was the third Bishop of Florida.
Today, Camp Weed and Cerveny Conference Center welcomes over 650 summer campers and over 35,000 guests a year.