A camp and retreat center near Foresthill, Placer County, California for nonprofit groups of 10-115.
Located at 4,000 feet near Foresthill, California, Community of the Great Commission is on 428 acres in the sierra foothills. Stately pines and panoramic views make this site a beautiful and exciting place to go to for summer camp, year-round adult retreats, and weekend family camps. Community of the Great Commission is an ideal place to bring groups to focus on your program. It’s also a great place to have fun, whether relaxing by the swimming pool, going on scenic hikes or enjoying the view of the Crystal Range of the high sierras.
- Claar House is a retreat house with semi-private rooms for 20 guests (bedding and towels provided). Personal shower items not provided.
- The Bobbitt Area has 8 cabins (each sleeping 10 people in bunk beds), all winterized with bathrooms. Bobbitt Hall has a bedroom with accommodations for up to 4 guests.
- The Summer Tent Area is a group tent camping area with a campfire circle.
- RV parking is available at the Claar House parking area (no hookups).
- Meal Service at CGC includes homemade meals and salad bar available for all groups, served in the dining hall by our friendly staff.
- Own Cooking Options – fully equipped kitchen in Bobbit Hall…Or do your own cooking at Claar House.
- List of Cooking/Kitchen Supplies provided.
- See our menu for an idea about our delicious food options.