An adult, youth and family retreat center in Applegate, Placer County, California for nonprofit groups of 20-130 (105 guests overnight; +25 additional beds in summer only).
The Jesuit Retreat Center of the Sierra is located just off Interstate Highway 80 next to the village of Applegate (just minutes above Auburn) near the North Fork of the American River, about 50 miles northeast of Sacramento. Nestled in the foothills of California’s historic Gold Country, the Retreat is situated on 350 acres covered with oak and pine trees. It offers 4 miles of hiking trails overlooking the American River. The area provides a natural environment for rest, reflection, and spiritual renewal.
- Oak Lodge. This newly built facility includes 12 rooms, each containing one double and one bunk bed, plus three conference roOak Bedroomoms for meetings.
- Redwood Lodge. On the second floor, there are 18 rooms, 14 of which contain one single bed and one bunkbed. 4 rooms have 2 single beds. On the ground floor, there is a 3,000-square-foot conference/recreation room.
- Porter’s. This facility includes 5 rooms, each with one queen bed and one bunkbed, plus a small conference room.
- Creekside Cabin. The cabin has 2 rooms, each with two single beds.
- Summer Cabins. 5 cabins sleep up to 25 guests.
The Dining Hall with a full service kitchen serves 3 meals per day – seats up to 120 guests.