JTRC is the oldest and largest retreat center in the Western United States; a unique architectural landmark on a sacred site. As a non-profit 501(c)(3), our mission is to support the education and nourishment of the infinite human potential.
We are uniquely located in Joshua Tree, California, only two hours from Los Angeles, two hours from San Diego, and 3 ½ hours from Las Vegas, Nevada, creating a distinctive vortex between three major (vital) cities.
This land, though desert, rests upon an aquifer, a running river, producing an intriguing magnetic effect on those who enter this ancient and sacred space. Yogananda had walked this land in earlier times. It truly is a magical place.
Our retreat facility can sleep from 10 to 280 participants and seats up to 500 in our largest indoor meeting space. Most of the unique buildings at our site were built by world-renowned architects, Frank Lloyd Wright and his son, Lloyd.
Joshua Tree Retreat Center is unlike the more commercially oriented Hotels. We have created open spaces, sacred meditation locations, and serene vistas filled with native plants. It is our goal to blend and balance with your mission and needs. There are plenty of wonderful spots to explore…here are a just few:
- An outdoor amphitheater with earthen stage, lights and fire pit for outdoor activities and wonderful evening events under the stars.
- We have accommodations for groups of various sizes, each with their own eating areas and kitchens.
- Large and small meeting spaces with many breakout rooms and beautiful views.
- Three large meeting halls:
- Sanctuary Hall (seating 500+) has a stage and wonderful acoustics as well
- Noble Hall (seating 350)
- Friendship Hall (seating 210+), all with central A/C and Heating.
- Meditation paths, Labyrinth, Medicine Wheel, and Tai Chi circles.
- Local musicians are available for drum circles or concerts that can be set up for your group’s evening entertainment (CD samples are available upon request)
- Local meditation, yoga and tai chi instructors are also available for instruction.
- Wellness Center: We offer massage services on site by some of the finest technicians in the country (by appointment)
- Swimming pool and warm pool (available 2011), and sand volleyball court.
- Traditional Lakota Sweat Lodge (as well as a facilitator and fire keeper available with a donation)