The Windward Retreat Center is on the island of Oahu, located in the small town of Ka’a’awa, Hawaii. The center is only a short walk from the beach and steps away from beautiful mountain hikes that overlook Oahu’s most beautiful coastline.
We’re worlds away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki and yet only 26 miles from the Honolulu International Airport. Locals come to the Windward Retreat Center for a quiet escape, and visitors enjoy diverging from the well-beaten path of tourists. The surrounding area of Windward Oahu boasts deep valleys, dense rain forests, verdant cliff faces, gentle trade winds and beautiful white sand beaches, all full of rich history and cultural significance. We invite you to connect with the ‘aina (land) and learn the mo’olelo (stories) of the people, places and traditions of this special place in East Oahu.
Windward Retreat Center offers a wide range of retreats and workshops grounded in the aloha spirit and Native Hawaiian practices, principles and lifestyle. We offer personal assistance in designing your own retreat for family, friends, students, organizations and businesses. We also help retreat leaders and group facilitators add more meaning and depth to an existing program.
Design your own retreat or incorporate the following into your existing program:
- Hula instruction & perfomances
- Ukelele classes
- Hawaiian language classes
- Slack key guitar lessons
- Hawaiian crafts (hula implements, lei making, carving, kapa making, etc.)
- Hawaiian healing arts (lomilomi, native medicinal plants, ho’oponopono)
- Surfing & stand up paddle
- Sustainability & Hawaiian lifestyle classes
- Off-site excursions to taro farms (loi’i), fishponds, sacred sites, etc.
Accommodations & Amenities:
- Capacity – up to 14 in beds
- Community room with seating for up to 40
- TV and surround sound for audio/visual presentations
- Healing cabana (for meditation, on-site massage or additional sleeping area)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ample free parking for on & off-site participants
- Eco-friendly facility (1 year old) built with respect to the natural environment. Uses water catchment. Purified water available for drinking.
Inquire about our SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY RATES for your group. Discounts available for non-profit groups.
: Susan Pualani Alden