Located in the outskirts of Chiang Mai, in the district of Doi Saket, our new training facility is set in midst of rice fields and surrounded by hills and forests. The center provides an “Ashram-like” environment, ideal for the full immersion experience in Traditional Yoga studies.
If you are interested in studying Classical Yoga, but are still not sure if you can handle a trip to India, this is a perfect opportunity for you. Thailand itself is known to be a good balance (blend of East & West), providing the travelers with an exotic experience without much troubles and hurdles of the lack of infrastructure that is characteristic of much of Asian subcontinent. Our courses are structured to provide the students with the right environment for learning & authentic approach to Yoga Philosophy & Techniques.
Premises & Rooms
– The centre is built around a lovely garden with many plants, flowers and trees. There is also a small pond with aquatic plants.
– The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. They are newly built, with nice flooring & furniture, private clean bathroom with hot shower, and beds with good quality mattresses. It has a very quiet and inspiring atmosphere for self-reflection and deep Yoga studies and practices.
– Rooms are equipped with fan and window nets.
– Students are usually accommodated in a twin sharing room (with a person of the same gender). Private rooms may be booked in advance or according to availability.
Life & Routine in the centre
– Our centre has a well-structured daily routine for the students to experience well-being and health. Waking up at sunrise for a guided meditation session is usually how the day starts, followed by practice session with traditional Yoga Asanas and Pranayamas (breathing techniques). Shatkarmas or Kriyas (cleansing techniques) will also be performed regularly.
– Philosophical studies are an essential and very interesting part of the Yoga training. In the free time the students can enjoy morning and evening walks around the rice fields, and experience the local Thai culture. They can also take time to visit Chiang Mai during the day. A Yogic lifestyle is not only studied in theory but it is genuinely practiced and lived at Wise Living Yoga Center. Good routines with such simplicity and purity in life makes the students experience a true Yoga life which is transformative, enriching and deep.
– Vegetarian, wholesome, clean and nutritious meals are served three times a day plus an afternoon tea. At tea time the students can make their own natural teas forcleansing/detoxification such as cinnamon tea, turmeric tea, ginger tea, lemon tea or even make a hot soya milk drink. Natural dark brown cane sugar is served along with the tea. We take a lot of care to provide good quality food, so no white sugar; refined or canned foods are served.
– The diet has varieties of beans, grains, lentils, tropical fresh fruits, nuts and freshly cooked vegetables
– Read more about Ashram & Community Life at our center .
Doi Saket & Around
– The Doi Saket district is predominantly a rural farming area, with plenty of rice fields in the valley as well as orchards and other farming on the mountainsides. It is located on the road north to Chiang Rai (Highway 118), just before the climb up the mountain.
– The temple at Doi Saket is said to have been built in the year 1112. The legend is that the Lord Buddha had come to Doi Saket for a short time, and was visited by naka whom he offered his hair for the purpose of worship. Shortly after he is said to have disappeared, and this is the reason for the location of the temple.
– During the weekends students will have opportunity to enjoy walks in midst the rural farming area, exuberant greenery of the rice fields and other beauties of the Luang Nuea municipality in Doi Saket.
– One should not miss visiting Wat Phrathat Doi Saket at the top of the hill.
– Enjoy also a short hiking to the nearby Mae Kuang Dam with the Khun Tan Range in the background.
Course Structure & Time Table
– Our 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training Course is conducted several times a year at Doi Saket Yoga Center and also in Brazil and Bali, Indonesia. All the courses follow the same structure & general time table, which can be found in the Course Structurepage.
– We also conduct Advanced 300 & 500 hours Teacher Training Courses at Doit Saket Yoga Center. Old students (who have already completed a 200 hours course) can apply for the 300 hours program happening 3 times a year. Anyone can apply for the 500 hours Teacher Training by attending first the 200 hours and then completing the next 300 hours in the subsequent weeks as per our calendar of courses. Contact us for more information on long term programs which involves training on the therapeutic aspects of Yoga and are based on self-study & experiencing life in an Ashram environment in the spirit of Karma Yoga.
– Number of participants is limited in each batch for a better learning experience and so that personal attention is given to each student. Please register in advance to secure your place.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
We are looking forward to have you staying with us!
: Daniel Fonseca