Contributed by Leslie Carrington, Founder & CEO, HolistiCitiLyfe Inc.
For most, the thought of a dream vacation includes lying on a white sand beach, touring temples in faraway lands, or curbing their craving for an adrenaline rush at amusement parks. You might have even found these images appealing had they entered your thoughts in the past. Things are different now. Today, a yoga retreat is your idea of a magical getaway. Whether you have been practicing for years or you have heard so many benefits associated with yoga that you’re ready to start, there is a yoga retreat for you. HolistiCitiLyfe is here to turn your dream into a reality!
What Can You Expect from a Retreat?
Those embarking on a yoga retreat adventure for the first time often wonder what they should expect. Should you pack your hair dryer? Will you be able to enjoy a glass of wine? Will you have the opportunity to do some sightseeing? Quite honestly, all retreats are different. If you have a specific type of experience in mind, communicate this with us, so we can help you choose a retreat that will provide you with the most rewarding experience.
Some retreats allow you to create your own vacation schedule around your yoga classes. Others practice a structured wellness itinerary, filling days with the perfect balance of activity and relaxation.
Benefits of Yoga Retreats
Not sure if a yoga retreat is for you? You might be interested to learn a few of the many reasons why new and veteran yoga practitioners now picture yoga retreats when they think of their dream vacation.
- Dig Deeper – Your goal may be to go somewhere you can relax, but one of the greatest benefits you will reap from a retreat is digging deeper into your practice. The average asana class at your studio is probably 75 to 90 minutes. This leaves little time to challenge your practice or touch on topics like philosophy, anatomy, meditation, or Ayurveda. A retreat deepens your practice. You’ll gain knowledge and find new space within yourself that provides room for new thoughts and possibilities.
- No Cooking – How many times have you been 45 minutes into a class, and suddenly you’re going over a list of ingredients in your head of things you need to go buy just so you can get dinner on the table? Food prep is distracting and time-consuming. At a yoga retreat this isn’t a concern. Not to mention, you are guaranteed to eat well. You will typically have an abundance of healthy foods and fresh juice to choose from.
- Unplug – You don’t necessarily have to leave your phone or iPad at home, but you may be surprised how little you want to use electronic devices while you are at the retreat. When you get through half a day and realize you haven’t checked your messages, you might gain a new perspective.
- You’ll Really Meditate – A lot of people think they do “okay” meditating until they meditate at a retreat and experience how it is supposed to feel. When there is no traffic, trains, phones ringing, and electronics producing negative energy around you, you will be amazed at how enlightening the experience really can be.
- Drop Bad Habits – Maybe you have been going to bed too late or waking up in the middle of the night and eating junk because you think you’re hungry. You are able to break free of old habits and patterns, and replace them with healthier options.
- Leave Feeling Amazing – People often joke that they need a vacation to recover from their vacation. Maybe they drank heavily or indulged nonstop in unhealthy foods. When you choose a yoga retreat for your vacation, you leave feeling better than when you arrived. You feel refreshed. Your mind is clear and focused. You have a new perspective on the things that really matter in your life.
Why Choose HolistiCitiLyfe?
There are a lot of groups that organize yoga retreats, but they don’t provide the total experience you deserve. When you work with HolistiCitiLyfe, your wellness vacation will likely exceed your expectations.
Take for example our upcoming Yoga retreat: “Renew and Rejuvenate Retreat” in Greece: HolistiCitiLyfe offers a skilled yoga instructor who uses breath work and meditation sessions to promote renewal of the mind, body, and spirit. You’ll stay in a luxury villa in one of the world’s most beautiful destinations. A holistic chef will provide you with fresh juice to start your day, as well as a meal plan designed specifically for your needs. So, if you are a vegan or need gluten-free and nut-free options, your meal plan will reflect these requirements. HolistiCitiLyfe even offers an aesthetician, so you can enjoy in-house facials.
Whether you are a beginner and know nothing about yoga or you are a seasoned practitioner planning your 10th retreat, but looking for a more fulfilling experience this time, HolistiCitiLyfe can help you book the wellness vacation of your dreams.